Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chuckseabreeze, Nov 30, 2008.

1. chuckseabreeze

chuckseabreeze Senior member

This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

Shouldn't you just mess around for 20 more years and then find your wife? Seems like a better financial decision.

Or am I just way too shallow? [​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Marry both. At the same time. And don't tell them about each other! Then fake your own death and watch with amusement from afar at them attacking each other over your coffin.

This seems to be the only sensible option.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

doesn't matter but my friend says half your age + 7 years.

4. chuckseabreeze

Marry both. At the same time. And don't tell them about each other! Then fake your own death and watch with amusement from afar at them attacking each other over your coffin.

This seems to be the only sensible option.

[​IMG] Pure genius! [​IMG]

5. chuckseabreeze

doesn't matter but my friend says half your age + 7 years.
    I've heard of this before. That'd be cool if, once married, your wife stayed that age (half your age + 7). Kind of like doggie years or something [​IMG]

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

things that make you go hmm...

7. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Who cares? American marriages are a joke anyway and more than half end in divorce.

8. chuckseabreeze

Who cares? American marriages are a joke anyway and more than half end in divorce.

Ah, so 1 vote for marry and divorce?

9. B1FF

B1FF Senior member

This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

If you are finding your women insufficiently virile, the problem may be that you are looking for virility in a woman. Try men.

10. chuckseabreeze

If you are finding your women insufficiently virile, the problem may be that you are looking for virility in a woman. Try men.

Wtf? I knew something was wrong with me [​IMG]

Let's just say "hot."

p.s. I feel like the pro athlete at a press conference using fancy vocabulary incorrectly.

11. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

Bleh, can't help it. My fiancee is 10 months older than I am. Somehow I always seem to end up with women just about a little older than my age. The last few I can think of were from +1 month to +4 years. In fact, the last woman I had that was younger than I was was in high school. Luckily my fiancee is Asian. [​IMG] If my half-Chinese cutie grandma is anything to go by (plus obviously all the non-aging Asians I see around the place), I'm good.

12. chuckseabreeze

Bleh, can't help it. My fiancee is 10 months older than I am.

Somehow I always seem to end up with women just about a little older than my age. The last few I can think of were from +1 month to +4 years. In fact, the last woman I had that was younger than I was was in high school.

Luckily my fiancee is Asian. [​IMG] If my half-Chinese cutie grandma is anything to go by (plus obviously all the non-aging Asians I see around the place), I'm good.

Ah, perfect. Just the kind of guy I am looking for. Not trying to be too personal, but have you ever put much thought into this?

Are you just excepting of this, and love is more important?

Not trying to ruin your engagement [​IMG]

13. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

I'm not gonna lie, I've thought about "aging" and wonder if I will cast my eye towards a "nubile, young thing" when I get older. I've seen it happen lots around me with my parents friends and with society in general.

However, I'm not going to give up a great thing for what could be. Our sex life is great, she's intelligent so we can talk (even if we have different interests), she treats me well, isn't materialistic and she's a looker. She isn't perfect but neither am I. There is way more good than bad in our relationship and it's not worth all of that just to have a younger woman.

14. chuckseabreeze

But not a "virile young thing," right?

15. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I think more important than aging is just preventing flabby upper arms. I can't stand those. I notice them more and more lately too [​IMG]