1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Wear This?: Post It Before You Roast It

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Sander

Sander Senior member

Striped ties and business suits isn't the greatest combination imo (neat printeds are just better), but this is by no means a poor ensemble.

1 person likes this.
  2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I understand. It seems so de rigueur in the U.S. to wear stripes with suits but no other country seems to approve.

3. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

What? You mean in Britain where school, club and regimental ties originated, they don't approve wearing with suits?

4. Caustic Man

Britain doesn't count. You're basically the same as us except without the good sense to throw off hereditary monarchy. [​IMG]

5. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

The stripes of the suit are too close together and too thin for my taste. I'd consider selling it and replacing it with wider spaced chalk stripes. The iteration you went with was better.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

I would like to be associated with the words of the last speaker

1 person likes this.
  7. Caustic Man

I don't care for wide stripes, generally speaking. To be honest, this is the only kind of pinstripe suit I would own. I understand that it isn't liked by all, though.

Btw, I agree that our system is messed up, but I wouldn't be holding the British as the model for effective government these days. [​IMG]