• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I Try it, Teh Vass?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
I've seen more Vass on B&S because of sizing issues than any other shoe.

Primary reason being there's simply nowhere to try them on unfortunately.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
What size would I need if I wear 12E in EG?

If you're an EG UK size 12 you're likely a 46 on the U last and a 45.5 on the P2 and F lasts. No way of fully knowing until you try them on though!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
If you're an EG UK size 12 you're likely a 46 on the U last and a 45.5 on the P2 and F lasts. No way of fully knowing until you try them on though!

Cool David, thanks! So the U fits narrower than the F I presume? If I did place an order it would be for something on the F.

Thanks again.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct that the U is narrower. Regarding sizing, just don't take my word as Gospel. Each foot is different, but that's a fair indicator of what the masses have found works for them.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
too much talk in this thread and not enough buying of Vass

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct that the U is narrower. Regarding sizing, just don't take my word as Gospel. Each foot is different, but that's a fair indicator of what the masses have found works for them.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by HRoi
too much talk in this thread and not enough buying of Vass

Buy me a test pair and there will be koppage in this here thread. If I decide to go this route I don't want it to be an expensive mistake and am trying to draw from the experience available here. If I were/wore a smaller, more popular size I might have already pulled the trigger. How often have you seen a Vass shoe come up for sale in my size here? Bruh.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what i am trying to say, my thin-skinned "bruh", is that you shouldn't think twice and buy the Vass because you wont regret it
teacha.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, Broseph, but what size???? How do I order??? They don't seem to answer email. In English.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm a 9.5 medium width and take a 42.5 in F last and 43 in U last if that helps. i don't know your shoe size.

PM kolecho, he always has the hookup

LanceW

Reaction score

I wear an 11.5/12E on the 202. Would this translate into 45.5 on the U and 45 on the P2/F then? I have tried searching for Vass sizing and last comparisons as well as reading the entire Vass Appreciation thread but have not found where anyone specifically addressed my size.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give!

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LanceW
I wear an 11.5/12E on the 202. Would this translate into 45.5 on the U and 45 on the P2/F then? I have tried searching for Vass sizing and last comparisons as well as reading the entire Vass Appreciation thread but have not found where anyone specifically addressed my size. Thank you so much for any advice you can give!
The reality is that this is too difficult a question for any of us to accurately answer. Case in point, I take a 42 in the U and a 41.5 in the F, but otherwise wear a pretty standard US 8.5D. Others who wear a standard 8.5D take a 41.5 in the U and a 41 in the F. It just depends on your feet. That said, Vass sizing is no trickier than sizing on other shoes that people don't bother to try on before purchasing. There is no strict translation from one shoe to the next, the best you can hope for is an estimate that might end up being .5 off.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LanceW
I wear an 11.5/12E on the 202. Would this translate into 45.5 on the U and 45 on the P2/F then? I have tried searching for Vass sizing and last comparisons as well as reading the entire Vass Appreciation thread but have not found where anyone specifically addressed my size.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give!

That's a good estimate, but if your feet are on the wider side (an E on the 202 is fairly wide) you may even need an extra half size for each.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons
The reality is that this is too difficult a question for any of us to accurately answer. Case in point, I take a 42 in the U and a 41.5 in the F, but otherwise wear a pretty standard US 8.5D. Others who wear a standard 8.5D take a 41.5 in the U and a 41 in the F. It just depends on your feet. That said, Vass sizing is no trickier than sizing on other shoes that people don't bother to try on before purchasing. There is no strict translation from one shoe to the next, the best you can hope for is an estimate that might end up being .5 off.
.5 off can =
ffffuuuu.gif
I see many deals on EGs that are .5 off and know it would be a serious compromise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads