• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I tip on delivery Chinese?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always wondered this but was afraid to ask.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
are you singling out the chinese delivery because the guy's chinese? do you also tip the caucasian pizza guy? or the guy that delivers weed?

rockket

Reaction score
...really? If you don't live in China, then yes, you should tip. He/she is a delivery person like any other food delivery person, treat them as such.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why would you tip any different from any other kind of food? italian takeout? pizza?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually do a minimum of $2 or 10%, whatever is more.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I usually do a minimum of $2 or 10%, whatever is more.

this.

and on the thread:
facepalm.gif

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Chinese known for being stingy with tips? If yes, then no, don't tip. How is this even hard?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thing is, they dont tip in china. The delivery guy is always some FOB who cant speak English anyway, and presumably a lot of their customers are also FOBs who dont tip anyway, or they are non-FOB Chinese Americans who are every bit as penny pinching, so they dont tip because they know they can get away with it with their FOB brethren.

I tip them, but it's still something to think about.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ true. but the guy's probably working for ****** pay like any other delivery guy. who cares if the stingy fob's don't bother giving tips?

aphextwin07

Reaction score
are you living in china? no, i didn't think so. regardless of whether or not it is customary to do so in their culture, it is practically expected in ours. should go without saying really.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads