• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I sleep in my APCs?

SoooSooSuave

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of APC New Standards. I fell asleep in them the other day while reading, which got me wondering if there's any benefit to sleeping in them. Will it help me break them in faster? Has anyone does this?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It won't hurt the jeans. I sleep with my new raw jeans for a week. Downside is the indigo rubs off on your sheets.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
You should only sleep in denim if you first wrap yourself in an electric blanket (a setting of 3-5 should do) and then fall asleep on a vibrating bed. Your sweat, induced by the blanket, combined with the oscillation from the bed, will produce the most spectacular wear on new raw denim.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
You should only sleep in denim if you first wrap yourself in an electric blanket (a setting of 3-5 should do) and then fall asleep on a vibrating bed. Your sweat, induced by the blanket, combined with the oscillation from the bed, will produce the most spectacular wear on new raw denim.

Brilliant! Now I"ve heard everything---
laugh.gif

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've done it before..not sure how much it helps but peeps say it helps em stretch out a bit

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sabrosa

Tight jeans, hot blanket, vibrating bed...that would give me some of the most horrific nightmares I've ever experienced.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Brilliant! Now I"ve heard everything---
laugh.gif

I've heard, but cannot personally confirm, that if you use the above method and place several pieces of sandpaper under your sheets, it will greatly accentuate the effects.

Just make sure you don't end up like this guy:

991vu3.jpg

tounge.gif

Studio27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Tight jeans, hot blanket, vibrating bed...that would give me some of the most horrific nightmares I've ever experienced.

or some dirty dreams...

pretty soon the new advice will be "******** with your jeans on. the variation in motion from your normal routine will produce some amazing fades!"

sorry... but other people were thinking it too!!
blush.gif

Max

Reaction score
Ask yourself: am I a tool?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoooSooSuave
I just got a new pair of APC New Standards. I fell asleep in them the other day while reading, which got me wondering if there's any benefit to sleeping in them. Will it help me break them in faster? Has anyone does this?
Why? Just why?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *****
doesn't it chafe?
To some hardcore denimheads, chafing is a small price to pay for SICK CROTCH WHISKERS.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoooSooSuave

Either you're a tool or a denimhead if you have to ask this question. Wait, isn't a denimhead a tool?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Either you're a tool or a denimhead if you have to ask this question. Wait, isn't a denimhead a tool?

You sound like he offended you or something...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads