• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (non-clothing item)?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waiting til after Christmas to get a new phone and I'm torn over splurging for a Nokia N8 (particularly for its camera) or an Iphone 4.

nokia-n8-official-1.jpg

Nokia N8. About $450 on Amazon.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8-3252.php

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dear God, whatever you do, do not buy a Nokia phone! How much of an outdated ************* are you looking to buy? I can sell you a Palm Treo if you're in the market for one?

Wait until after CES to make all phone related decisions.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I: MacBook air 11"

Yes: Friend works at Apple, I get 25% off, putting it at $800-900 depending on options.

No: Work gives me a computer. I have no need for the Air, I just want it.
sarcasm.gif

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Should I: MacBook air 11"

Yes: Friend works at Apple, I get 25% off, putting it at $800-900 depending on options.

No: Work gives me a computer. I have no need for the Air, I just want it.
sarcasm.gif

Absolutely not.

No to Air at least... Wait till this upcoming summer when upgrades to the Macbook Pro are released.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mandrake9072
Absolutely not.

No to Air at least... Wait till this upcoming summer when upgrades to the Macbook Pro are released.

I must second this. Don't waste your money on a laptop with an 11" screen, subpar specs, and no cd drive. It looks good, but is not functional for what you need to do for your job.

olstudios

Reaction score
N8's hardware is decent the camera is amazing, but the OS Sucks! I would not buy it, look at the reviews on youtube, the software is outdated, I wouldn't buy one if I were you.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Indulge always.

sierra

Reaction score
If you need the phone to actually make calls, get something other than iPhone 4. It's great at everything else though.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have had the nokia for a few days. No major problems with it. Seem to get some issues with the FM transmitter and mp3's but haven't sat down and figured out if I'm doing something wrong. I'm sure I'd hate the software if coming from an Iphone or Android but I'm not so it's been painless for me. Haven't had the chance to put the camera through its paces but will do so eventually.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
I must second this. Don't waste your money on a laptop with an 11" screen, subpar specs, and no cd drive. It looks good, but is not functional for what you need to do for your job.
ive had my 13" Pro for months and i cant ever remember using the optical drive...

so the 11" Air would be awesome

if you dont want to buy it, sell it to me at that discount cost
spam[1].gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dining Chairs for a Dining Table I have yet to buy. Though my place is small I'm considering getting a set of four: three around a smallish table and one up against the wall. Will come in handy in the event I have company.

From Blue Dot for $150 each

Ebony

Ivory

Technical White Oak

From Allmodern.com for $120/ea (minimum purchase of 4). Apparantly these are worth $650 each.

I think I actually prefer the last chair but hate being forced to purchase a set of 4

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads