• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy (clothing item)?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
Very nice fit. However $700 for a seersucker suit sounds a little steep to me. Perhaps I am taking into consideration that Ralph Lauren had Purple Label suits marked down from $4500 to $800 yesterday. I'm a bargain hunter, which not everyone is, so if you like it, that is all that matters.

Where did you see PL suits for $800?
OP's suit looks good and if he gets a lot of use of it,it will be a good buy.BF suits are very well made.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Boutiques are having a sale this weekend. Take an additional 50% off the sale price.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Boutiques are having a sale this weekend. Take an additional 50% off the sale price.

Did you actually see any Purple Label suits?Anything in solid colors?
Also,is the sale for all items?

Jacksdad

Reaction score
yes I did actually see them. Navy and charcoal...very classic looking. Don't remember if they were solids. I think the charcoal one was. The ones I payed attention to were navy and charcoal with a subtle pinstripe. I wear Brioni, Kiton, and Isaia suits but did take a look at what they had briefly. This is the sale for a lot of items. Picked up a $375 dress shirt for $70 and a $1,000 cashmere sweater for $215

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes I did actually see them. Navy and charcoal...very classic looking. Don't remember if they were solids. I think the charcoal one was. The ones I payed attention to were navy and charcoal with a subtle pinstripe. I wear Brioni, Kiton, and Isaia suits but did take a look at what they had briefly. This is the sale for a lot of items. Picked up a $375 dress shirt for $70 and a $1,000 cashmere sweater for $215

I should call them tomorrow and pay a visit,$800 for purple label suit is a good deal. Thanks for heads up.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
This thread should not be dead. It is as useful to MC as it is to SW&D... besides I need more opinions than SW&D was willing to give me, so, Crosspost. The pattern on this suit is... I don't know, I'm torn between "too awesome for words" and "tacky". My wish to experiment with wearing suits outside of a business environment may be getting the better of me. Input needed. Talking off the ledge? Encouragement and cheerleading? That I leave to styleforum.
dsc04172fp.jpg
Larger: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04173.JPG Pattern Closeup: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04197.JPG OPINIONS NOW. (It's not a Brioni suit that's just the hanger but it is well made)

dsgNYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
This thread should not be dead. It is as useful to MC as it is to SW&D... besides I need more opinions than SW&D was willing to give me, so, Crosspost. The pattern on this suit is... I don't know, I'm torn between "too awesome for words" and "tacky". My wish to experiment with wearing suits outside of a business environment may be getting the better of me. Input needed. Talking off the ledge? Encouragement and cheerleading? That I leave to styleforum.
dsc04172fp.jpg
Larger: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04173.JPG Pattern Closeup: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/dayadeve...3/DSC04197.JPG OPINIONS NOW. (It's not a Brioni suit that's just the hanger but it is well made)

I don't think the pattern is tacky, but I wouldn't purchase something in this fabric as a 4th or 5th suit - I just like too many other patterns personally. Looking beyond the fabric, I don't like shape of the lapels or the button configuration. Is it a 4x2? EDIT Check out yfyf's posts in WAYWRN for some awesome suit fabrics/patterns

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads