• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

yunBW

Reaction score
Which color? Not sure if ivory will make a big difference compare to olive when I already have a light grey pair

Attachments

• C5E8B398-08F3-49AF-A67D-D622EF06F460.png
    C5E8B398-08F3-49AF-A67D-D622EF06F460.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 39
  • B0E47F47-DD3D-4B6E-BB28-518C2ECB0762.png
    B0E47F47-DD3D-4B6E-BB28-518C2ECB0762.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 67

yunBW

Reaction score
neither. not feeling the cut of those pants.
Just realized this is a slightly cropped and slimmer version from the normal version trouser I own. Why part of the cut that you don’t like about it? Thanks!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just realized this is a slightly cropped and slimmer version from the normal version trouser I own. Why part of the cut that you don’t like about it? Thanks!

basically that's is cropped and super slim

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
not feeling either of those. depending on your wardrobe, i feel like you could get a better modern looking down jacket than the first one, such as something from Veilance or Descente. Or a better heritage looking down parka from Crescent Down Works, Kaptain Sunshine, or Aime's new collab with Woolrich. Those are a little more expensive than the Penfield, but IMO look better.

All Blues Company and The Archives in Leeds, UK also have this Eddie Bauer repro parka from The Outstanding Company. It's about $400.

When searching around, think about whether you want genuine goose down or some kind of synthetic filling. Also look at the fill power. You don't always need top quality stuff and some of these things have different advantages, so pay less attention to some "linear" quality and think about how you'll use the garment.

aamukherjee

Reaction score
not feeling either of those. depending on your wardrobe, i feel like you could get a better modern looking down jacket than the first one, such as something from Veilance or Descente. Or a better heritage looking down parka from Crescent Down Works, Kaptain Sunshine, or Aime's new collab with Woolrich. Those are a little more expensive than the Penfield, but IMO look better.

All Blues Company and The Archives in Leeds, UK also have this Eddie Bauer repro parka from The Outstanding Company. It's about $400.

Much appreciated! I definitely need to ease off pure deal pursuit on ZenMarket...

Turns out Outstanding & Co is a shop I marked to check out while in Seoul, so I might stave off the cold with what I have for a day or so and pick it up there!

This one from Document also looks great but sits outside budget.

image_1573140688516_1000.jpg

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Much appreciated! I definitely need to ease off pure deal pursuit on ZenMarket...

Turns out Outstanding & Co is a shop I marked to check out while in Seoul, so I might stave off the cold with what I have for a day or so and pick it up there!

This one from Document also looks great but sits outside budget.

image_1573140688516_1000.jpg

Actually, yea, if you're going to be in Seoul, I would just wait to check out stuff there. I feel like there's such a great men's style scene there right now, but a lot of stuff is hard to get outside of South Korea. If you like that heritage stuff, I would check out Eastlogue, Hey Martini, The Outstanding Company, Hanyounghuun, FrizmWorks, and The ResQ.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah would go for Eastlogue if you can find at an acceptable price, very cool

yunBW

Reaction score
much appreciated!

Also I’m looking for some quality solid color turtleneck but with a slightly looser fit something. I wonder if anyone have any recommendations? I like what Margaret Howell is offering but maybe other color variations.

Thank you
168A8BBE-2CBA-4551-8AD2-6C52F5060CD6.png
A7ED9B69-60D0-4A31-A00D-122611B03513.png

abantigen

Reaction score
Thoughts on this chocolate brown flight jacket from Private White?

I think it looks really good with a cream turtleneck underneath as shown on the model but not sure how versatile this colour would be for other casual outfits. Navy would be more versatile but all my other outerwear is navy and it's excluded from the Black Friday sale anyway.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, get the one you want. However, I see nothing wrong with brown. I have leather jackets in brown that are very versatile

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this chocolate brown flight jacket from Private White?

I think it looks really good with a cream turtleneck underneath as shown on the model but not sure how versatile this colour would be for other casual outfits. Navy would be more versatile but all my other outerwear is navy and it's excluded from the Black Friday sale anyway.

View attachment 1289227 View attachment 1289228

Brown outerwear looks great. And provides a nice contrast to blue denim. Works with gray trousers too.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do I find myself wanting a Rocky Mountain Feather Bed vest?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads