• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horn ofc.

*ninja edit*

Plus those woven straw cords on the wooden toggles have a bad habit of fraying over time.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
It depends I guess, the leather fastening and horn toggle is a not as fisherman-y, so it depends on if you like the look. Straw/wood is more preppy

I don't care much what the original model is and what fishermen used in the 1800s.
But do you find wooden tongles more formal? I think otherwise because buffalo worn is more discreet

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care much what the original model is and what fishermen used in the 1800s.
But do you find wooden tongles more formal? I think otherwise because buffalo worn is more discreet

I think the opposite as well, wooden is far more casual.

The Cult of Derek says to get Wood so go get some Wood

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good off the rack shirts for work / business formal? – specifically non-iron or easy-care style shirts?

Looking for some brand recs with regards to off the rack shirts for work / business formal. Specifically looking for non-iron or easy-care style shirts because I’m lazy and don’t want to launder my shirts.

I’m looking for white shirts especially – my blue shirts are essentially filled by Charles Tyrwhitt but Charles Tyrwhitt's white shirts are a bit thin and see through. I’ve had historical experience with Brooks Brothers, but the quality has fallen a bit and I’m willing to try some new brands.

Also - a lot of new "tech" apparel firms have easy care dress shirts, but those are mostly poly materials, and not really appropriate for the office.

Any recs?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs?

This is certaily the wrong thread, and probably the wrong forum - you would be better off asking in either Style Advice or Classic Menswear. On the whole, people seem to like Kamakura (Maker's Shirt) above most, https://kamakurashirts.com/. Spier and Mackay (an affiliate here) are also very good value and their shirts are customizable: https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/apparel/dress-shirts.html

Then there are lots of custom shirt makers if you want to spend more...

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find many interesting long coats this season. This looks cool but also like a Lemaire ripoff, Kitsune wrap coat:
Screenshot_2019-11-17  parigot_hiroshima_men on Instagram “ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 「New Ar...png Screenshot_2019-11-17  parigot_hiroshima_men on Instagram “ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 「New Ar...png Screenshot_2019-11-17 Maison Kitsune Wrap Coat EAST DANE.png

Also looking at Tor Ultra Hi 2s. Too rugged for Schneider?
38320198b_8_d_500.jpg

HollyJoint

Reaction score
help me choose which buttons will look best in this navy duffle?
I will have to buy today

original-english-duffle-coat-for-men.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads