• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Alexidb

Reaction score
Monty Don says I should be wearing suspenders, I want leather suspenders. Leather suspenders are dumb and will make me look like a Brooklyn bartender from 2008. What should I do?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Monty Don says I should be wearing suspenders, I want leather suspenders. Leather suspenders are dumb and will make me look like a Brooklyn bartender from 2008. What should I do?

Don't wear leather suspenders.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
I ask an opinion

Better to buy a medium cut gloverall (mid thigh)
more practical and comfortable
mc3251dc_navy_front_copy_1024x1024_crop_center.jpg

Or a long cut Original montgomery (by the knee)
classic cut good for the cold
m006_mens_navy_1600x1600.jpg

I must say that in Lisbon where I live it's not too cold.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Duffle coats look better long and oversized. The short and narrow ones just don't have any verve.

Nay on leather suspenders. Or even regular suspenders worn as a style accessory, rather than a practical thing hidden under your coat and used to hold up your pants.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Duffle coats look better long and oversized. The short and narrow ones just don't have any verve.

View attachment 1229581

View attachment 1229583

View attachment 1229582

Nay on leather suspenders. Or even regular suspenders worn as a style accessory, rather than a practical thing hidden under your coat and used to hold up your pants.

I agree, but how will a jacket so big on a guy with 1.70m and 62 kg like me?
Won't it look like I'm being swallowed by my coat?
This is my fear, so my indecision between one and the other.

The mid length will look like this

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree, but how will a jacket so big on a guy with 1.70m and 62 kg like me?
Won't it look like I'm being swallowed by my coat?
This is my fear, so my indecision between one and the other.

The mid length will look like this

The duffle in that video looks bad man.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HAVEN-Engineered-Garments-Cotton-Double-Cloth-Bedford-Jacket-OLIVE-1_2048x2048.progressive.jpg

Opinion on this patchwork jacket?

Should be plenty of fit pics available to show you the various possibilities. The only thing I’d worry about is second guessing yourself over whether you should have gotten one of the other colorways, or the feeling you should now have them all, right now.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$445 right now on Farfetch.

Can probably had at 30% off by end of season, and at 50% off if you get lucky when they inevitably show up on Yoox.

Different model but thanks! Those are the Fargo, pointier tip and the shaft is longer. The Quentin is more rounded

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads