• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
182703M255003_1.jpg

Alexidb

Reaction score
What’s the deal with Brixton hats? I really want a packable/rollable fedora like the offerings from Sublime or the nice one that dieworkwear has. But I’m not sure if I can pull it off.

Will I be disappointed if I try out a cheap option from brixton first?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Bedford sizing

Update in case anyone’s curious. The New Bedford sizings are apparently just as volatile as the old ones — so always insist on measurements. Just received the new SS version in high count twill. It’s really wide (cut bigger than the FW versions) without added length (like a couple of my old SS Bedfords) — ideal for me, a guy of average height.

If you like big lapels, you’re in luck, as they flare out a bit more (or it’s much easier to fold them down for a broader look). I’m a fan.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuketen. Cordovan #8 uppers.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think I would like that better with a different sole, but a lot of Yuketen stuff is about creating a weird look anyway, so it's hard to nitpick. If you have the kind of weird workwear that would go with that, then those could be cool.

If you don't already know, Yuketen usually runs wide, so size down half a size if you're a D width on the Brannock.

yunBW

Reaction score
5A381F2F-7A5E-4473-A9F5-ABF8F67814F6.png E8828EB6-08EB-4DF7-A50B-90CFB39CB1AD.png
Really like both style of loafer, but anyone know any brand that offers them in a last that have mid-high instep, unlined leather, and somewhat flexible sole? Really want a loafer that is comfortable but not as comfortable as a Belgium loafer.

Thank you!

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some all white, semi-chunky running style shoes.

Ideal, but sold out: Salomon Satisfy RA Max, Hoka Bondi 6, React Element 87 Sail

I wish I could get the hyped "sail" colorway here:

Saw these styled with some baggy CDGH pants, and it looked pretty great:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looking for some all white, semi-chunky running style shoes.

Ideal, but sold out: Salomon Satisfy RA Max, Hoka Bondi 6, React Element 87 Sail

I wish I could get the hyped "sail" colorway here: View attachment 1210329

Saw these styled with some baggy CDGH pants, and it looked pretty great:
View attachment 1210330

Not sure that first one is the React 87 Sails? The sails have a clear upper and red highlights.

Either way, I like the Air Max 97s better between those two.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Spehsmonkey zoom fly sp?

BQ7024_100.png.png

Triple white might be harder to get but the off white color (light bone) can be had for fairly cheap.

The shoe is translucent btw if you didn't know.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @dieworkwear , @MGoCrimson,and @Timbaland. I actually really like those Nike Zoom Fly SPs. Hadn’t seen them before but they look kinda like the Bondis.

I know the ones above are the 55s. 87 sails are sold out (b/c of mega hype), like the Salomon and Hokas.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics