• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, basically wondering if they're too pointy for this type of fit:

FyDN93c.jpg

Might stop by the Buttero store today and check 'em out

For that kind of fit, I think RM Williams Craftsman would be good. You can get them from Boots Online and Nunger in Australia for about $325 shipped (at least that's how much I paid a few years ago). There's more info on the RM Williams thread on this forum (I think it's in the SWD side of the forum). RM Williams was sold to a big luxury company a few years ago and they've been wanting to crack down on international prices. The "standard" price is about $500-600, I think. But before the company made a decision to move upstream, they were a more affordable boot for about $300. Don't know if they've already closed that loophole, but if you're interested in ordering, it may be worth doing it soon.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got these Moto chromexcel Chelseas I use as rainboots that are kinda like the RM Williams. Also my Australian coworker wears them all the time!!

Was specifically thinking "suede" and "cuban" and "pointy" just for fun

cgt0yvq.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nicely, I think you can rock the pointy style boot. I'm thinking of a Ralph Lauren cowboy kinda way. Those are kinda chelsea/cowboy hybrid.

also... is there a TJs in Tokyo? :: mind :: blown

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nicely, I think you can rock the pointy style boot. I'm thinking of a Ralph Lauren cowboy kinda way. Those are kinda chelsea/cowboy hybrid.

also... is there a TJs in Tokyo? :: mind :: blown

Yeah, was deliberately looking for something pointy. Lots of options for round — would probably go with Carpe Diem. Pointy just looked more interesting. I’m near the Buttero store now so hope I can take some pics

And, Oh man, I wish... That TJs bag is from Santa Barbara haha

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, was deliberately looking for something pointy. Lots of options for round — would probably go with Carpe Diem. Pointy just looked more interesting. I’m near the Buttero store now so hope I can take some pics

And, Oh man, I wish... That TJs bag is from Santa Barbara haha

Dude do it. Butteros are dope, big fan. I have the Paris, Texas boot, which is also a bit pointy but with a shallower heel. There's also the Quentin, which has same heel but slightly less pointy. Take some pics at the store! Also, most of their shoes fit one size large fwiw

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buttero store was closed for repairs until 6 PM - a strange time to open considering they close at 7 PM

Too lazy to wait 30 mins to try pointy boots

HollyJoint

Reaction score
What is your opinion about v10?

good to replace a stan smith?
911x668_veja-v10-extra-white-nautico-pekin-1.jpg

Is it true that they are very hard and uncomfortable?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads