• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I like it but don't know how much use I would get out of it. It could be a good summer jacket. Might be fun with a print shirt and light pants.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another thought... even without a body in it, it looks like it will be tight.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a boring CM guy who skews monkey-ish for arm length, I have a bias for fearing coats whose body is only as long as the sleeves - makes me think the coat is going to wear very short.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nutter Suit - I didn’t know that that was till I just searched it, but damn that was a fine look back in the day.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...Pagoda shoulder, Tom Ford mammoth lapels, skinny midsection and huge pants.

It would be interesting to see someone like Post Malone do that look today

Quesjac

Reaction score
Thoughts on these unlined loafers for summer? If affirmative, which color? I'm thinking with jeans and chinos primarily, but maybe a casual suit at a push.

11443422230000SE-1.jpg

11443422560000SE-1.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on these unlined loafers for summer? If affirmative, which color? I'm thinking with jeans and chinos primarily, but maybe a casual suit at a push.

11443422230000SE-1.jpg

11443422560000SE-1.jpg

My experience is that you do not want such a thick/rigid sole for a summer loafer. It feels really strange and heavy on the foot - not to mention uncomfortable if wearing no-show socks. Look for something lighter and softer for summer loafers. Like Beaudoin & Lange or Belgian - or anything with a light thin sole.

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score

11443422230000SE-1.jpg

11443422560000SE-1.jpg

Yes, but get the electric blue ones. (I like the snuff myself, I actually ordered a pair. I've wanted a plain loafers with a stitched apron and no goddamn tassels or straps etc for a while now).

The sole/heel being heavy or too chunky is something they claim to have addressed by lightening up the midsole, we'll see how bottom heavy they feel. My feet tend to be more comfortable with a higher heel anyway, so I'm not as concerned.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but get the electric blue ones. (I like the snuff myself, I actually ordered a pair. I've wanted a plain loafers with a stitched apron and no goddamn tassels or straps etc for a while now).

The sole/heel being heavy or too chunky is something they claim to have addressed by lightening up the midsole, we'll see how bottom heavy they feel. My feet tend to be more comfortable with a higher heel anyway, so I'm not as concerned.
It's visual weight as much as or even more so than literal weight

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those seem a little too pointy for your wardrobe (or what I know of your wardrobe)

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those seem a little too pointy for your wardrobe (or what I know of your wardrobe)

Yeah, basically wondering if they're too pointy for this type of fit:

FyDN93c.jpg

Might stop by the Buttero store today and check 'em out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads