• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Landau

Reaction score
@Landau just looks like a classic tan leather to me, not too orange. frank clegg bags should be great, though i'm not feeling that strap, if that's the actual bag you're looking at

Thanks for the response!

Its a tan color similar to a Clegg bag, but not the actual bag. I was just wondering how well the color works with certain colors, in particular what it doesnt work with.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

Its a tan color similar to a Clegg bag, but not the actual bag. I was just wondering how well the color works with certain colors, in particular what it doesnt work with.

You don't need to match your leathers on bags unless you're stuck in the anal phase, just pick what you like.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hah i was too busy reading between the lines to read your actual question. yes, that color is pretty universal. goes well with blues, browns, whites, blacks. only times it wouldn't work is if you were dressed in like bright orange or pink pants or something goofy

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Are you not for any of the three designs?

BTW I liked the relaxed but just so fit, I'd just prefer to try a few sweaters and see for myself than trust a maker. I have exactly one "bespoke" Scottish whatever sweater, it is pretty cool but I think I haven't worn it in years.

gnu

Reaction score
Viberg Black Washed Horse Side Zips

https://viberg.com/collections/foot...-black-washed-horsehide?variant=7880125579294

I'm more of a trad/workwear guy. Brands I tend to gravitate to are brands like Cabourn, OrSlow, Engineered Garments, SEH Kelly, RRL etc.

I like these, but I'm not sure if they fit with my aesthetic.
SZ-Blk-Washed-Horse-p3.jpg

gnu

Reaction score
Those boots look great. They can work with your stuff, but I think the Scout boots, 145 Oxford’s, boondockers may work even better.

Yeah I've got a few pairs of service boots and some boondockers on the 2030 and the 1035, along with a host of Aldens. I was looking for something different, I'm still not sure if I'm slick enough to pull em off.

Thanks.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

https://viberg.com/collections/foot...-black-washed-horsehide?variant=7880125579294

I'm more of a trad/workwear guy. Brands I tend to gravitate to are brands like Cabourn, OrSlow, Engineered Garments, SEH Kelly, RRL etc.

I like these, but I'm not sure if they fit with my aesthetic. View attachment 1006310

I wear side zips a lot with workwear, but they have to be the right kind of boots. Some feel a bit more "contemporary" and refined, like Margiela. Kapital's are super workweary -- broad toe, rough leather, etc. Luchesse goes well with RRL. I don't know if I would wear side zips with my Cabourn stuff, but it prob all depends on the specific pieces.

I imagine that Viberg would work great with a workwear wardrobe. But unless you're wearing something like black jeans and a denim trucker jacket, brown boots might be more useful/ versatile.

These are the Kapital ones, btw. I find they work really well with workwear.

1000.jpeg

gnu

Reaction score
Are side zips pretty durable? Granted I'm not terribly rough with my shoes, but zippers can theoretically fail. If I break a lace, I just get new ones...

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like these, but I'm not sure if they fit with my aesthetic. View attachment 1006310

I think in general viberg side zips could totally work, just maybe a diff leather/color. The washed grey from miloh would work better and appear less sleek

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are side zips pretty durable? Granted I'm not terribly rough with my shoes, but zippers can theoretically fail. If I break a lace, I just get new ones...

I haven't had any problems with mine, and a shoemaker once told me that the zippers can be replaced if necessary.

I imagine it's better to get side-zips with metal zippers than plastic ones, but just guessing ...

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A word of warning on the Vibergs: I love the way they look (and think they would go great with what you're looking for), but they're on a very unforgiving last. It's narrower than the 2030, and I know a lot of people have written it off entirely. I've been breaking mine in very gently and I'm still not convinced they'll ever get to a point where they work well for me...as much as I love em, I might end up selling them just because they don't work for my feet. And I even had to try a couple sizes to get it right first. (Ended up going 1/2 size down from Brannock)

I agree MilohShop has the best. I also really like Division Road's, but they sold out almost-instantly and show no signs of a restock. If you're amenable to brown, SnakeOilProvisions also has a natty cxl version that's still available in some sizes.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg sidezips fit like **** and when they're on the feet they look weird.

Brown is the good color to buy for Viberg side zips, I think there are better silhouettes out there for black.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First thought is how refreshing it looks. Pleasing to look at, calm, definitely has the artistic appeal in the design. Maybe buy it and hang it up. What the back look like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads