• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* sick ben, keep it. kop at modell's or walmart?

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post so if it's in the wrong section then please take it easy on me.
smile.gif

I've just started looking for some fall clothing and wanted an opinion on a couple things. I've never been a fan of the short double breasted pea-coats, so what about this wool overcoat as a substitute?

3903556507_42a944abe0_o.jpg

3903556539_aab6f5882e_o.jpg

And I almost destroyed a decent pair of Magli oxfords last winter, so I was thinking of these. I know you guys seem to like the more rugged workman styles, but I'm really digging the distressed suede look on these toes, however I'm just not sure about the treads...

3903556471_4947e3d849_o.jpg

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
And I almost destroyed a decent pair of Magli oxfords last winter, so I was thinking of these. I know you guys seem to like the more rugged workman styles, but I'm really digging the distressed suede look on these toes, however I'm just not sure about the treads...

3903556471_4947e3d849_o.jpg

These boots are really terrible. Leave it to Prada to **** up hiking boots, I have never seen a tread like that before. I imagine they must be pretty expensive too, if you want suede boots you can check out red wings, aldens, etc. If you want some boots that are distressed like those, I would look into Fiorentini & Baker, check out Barney's they have a lot of stuff like that.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
539.jpg

W+H in grey
or

gitmanbros-lsfall09-multiflannel.jpg

Gitman Vintage

I only have money for one right now!

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
W+H in grey
or

Gitman Vintage

I only have money for one right now!

W+H. For sure...

vread21

Reaction score
Ok I've done a ton of searching for good Chukka boots/Desert boots and have narrowed it down to three.
Would love to know your opinions or experience on/with any of these:

Loake Desert Boot:
http://www.selectism.com/news/2009/0...r-desert-boot/

Alden Chukka:
http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...UEDE&rpro=1492

Crockett and Jones Chiltern:
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/253.php

http://www.charlesclinkard.co.uk/sho...suede-boot.htm

Though I really like all three of these I think I can only go with one. So which one do you guys think is the most versatile? ie: dressed up and dressed down? Oh, and by dressed up I don't mean the hipster way: cuffing up jeans and showing them with a cute sock. I mean more something like some clean denim (acne mic in raw) worn normally with a white oxford and maybe even a jacket.

Would love your opinion on any of these.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
Hi guys, this is my first post so if it's in the wrong section then please take it easy on me.
smile.gif

I've just started looking for some fall clothing and wanted an opinion on a couple things. I've never been a fan of the short double breasted pea-coats, so what about this wool overcoat as a substitute?

3903556507_42a944abe0_o.jpg

This looks nice, what brand is it, where is it for sale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads