• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I really liked them both. The RRL one had a nice give and drape to it. I think I prefer the wildflower of the vis rather than the traditional paisley bandana pattern. Probably will come down to if I can find a nice sale later on and/or a good jpy proxy with the advantageous conversion rate right now.
Candidly, I would get whichever one I could get a better deal on. I also find many Visvim tops to be so narrow in the shoulders, but ymmv.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@satch69 I also have narrow feet. My pairs are more than 5 years old, and I don’t know if they’ve adjusted sizing since I bought. So I’d ask them what they recommend. But my pairs are sized down 1, which they recommended: I’m a 9 in vans and on a brannock, and these are 41 Sabahs. They’re soft and unstructured, so width and length are easy to work around.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for good allround sneakers to wear with everything (Pat baggies, jeans, fatigues etc). Seems like all white AF1 '07 lows are a no brainer. What say you?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for good allround sneakers to wear with everything (Pat baggies, jeans, fatigues etc). Seems like all white AF1 '07 lows are a no brainer. What say you?

Can't go wrong with white AF1. The craft ones are supposed to be much better leather quality so it might be worth looking for those.

Personally I'm partial to Vans slip ons. They go with everything you mentioned (see Engineered Garments collab) and I've seen the checkerboard ones look good a bit dressed up with Needles track pants and a button up shirt.

Nikos

Reaction score
I think Vans Authentic would be another good option.
Also, Officine Generale style almost everything with Asahi sneakers (so very similar to Authentics) and I think it looks good.

javy

Reaction score
anyone have any recs for black sidezips of the same shape and heel height as these lemaires (preferably with a black sole):

P00580622_d2.jpg

P00580622.jpg

P00580622_b2.jpg

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear GATs with all those but also just picked up a pair of NB 327s in a harlequin colorway, makes a great change from all white sneaks and cheap, too. Looks really good with Baggies.

ctttt777

Reaction score
Struggling choosing one shearling jackets. any suggestions? the first one is from baracuta, the other two from MR P. I'm thinking about wear it to work in winter(dress code is business casual or even casual)
w1200_q60.jpg

w1200_q60.jpg

w1200_q60.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads