• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where might I locate other belts in this style?

View attachment 1716009
This one looks similar

javy

Reaction score
How do I stop buying new clothes and bags and other unnecessary things that relate to my attire? This is really getting out of hand lol.
the only people who know the answer no longer post on SF. or maybe the answer is to leave this place

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one looks similar

Thanks! I meant the style more generally. What would one search to find that type of slim belt with that type of buckle?

I actually just placed an order with Rubato.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where might I locate other belts in this style?

View attachment 1716009

Not the same, but quite similar:

MD-040100-U0003B_ecb52794-b3cc-4963-bff9-5032a595c953_1024x1024.jpg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at Anderson's on Mr. Porter, and a lot of them are similar to what you posted. No experience, so I can't speak to the quality, but they seem reputable.

They are known for their braided stretch leather belts, which are good quality. I have one that's holding up after about 5 years. I've had mixed success with their other offerings.

Not the same, but quite similar:

MD-040100-U0003B_ecb52794-b3cc-4963-bff9-5032a595c953_1024x1024.jpg

The Soho in 1" width is in fact the style I'm going for. I've ordered two. We'll see if they fit.

Thanks!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer Ive detected a change in your obsessions/buying pattern. Are we seeing a move from strictly Japanese repro (or strictly RMC) to CM casual?

mcfly26

Reaction score
I'm looking for a classic but a bit chunkier black derbies and some obvious choices so far are dr martens, solovair and red wing postmans - also really liked evan kinori x trickers but feel the price is too high. Anyone can comment on any of these or recommend other options?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for a classic but a bit chunkier black derbies and some obvious choices so far are dr martens, solovair and red wing postmans - also really liked evan kinori x trickers but feel the price is too high. Anyone can comment on any of these or recommend other options?
Raf Simons

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Paraboot Arles, Chambord (moc-toe), Avignon (split-toe), or Michael (tyrolean moc-toe-ish).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think Raf Simons were popular on here for a while. I bought a pair and felt the quality didn't live up to the price, but that's true of almost all designer-label shoes. I assume you can find them on the second-hand market. Grained leather will be likely better than smooth since designers tend to use polished/ corrected grain leather.

IIRC, Trickers' Roberts was also popular, but they are also often made from corrected grain leather.

FWIW, I bought mine to wear with loose topcoats and chunky sweaters, and over time, I just found myself reaching for black Blundstones. The style is similar in vibe, if not exact shape, as many of these chunky black derby options.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paraboot Arles, Chambord (moc-toe), Avignon (split-toe), or Michael (tyrolean moc-toe-ish).

None of these are "classic derby" styles. I like paraboot a lot but I can't see how these would fit.

@MGoCrimson showed us the Heschung Orme which look great.

Like OP said there's Docs and there are plenty of "nicer" variations.

I personally really like the C&J Lanark 3:

Trickers x EK are just a base model with a bit of a markup but you can find the woodstock or robert derby for good prices around as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads