• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
Evening gents,

I’ll soon be traveling from sunny California to much colder climes. North East.
I’d much prefer to layer under my thedi than go the ski jacket route.

• Anyone have a lead on Alpaca tops/sweaters they like?
Or Morino

heebalabala

Reaction score
Any recommendations on beltmakers who could make a ranger-style belt (single-layer but tapered ends) and affix a buckle set I provided? I used an affordable maker Derek recommended a few months ago but need a larger size now. I also am looking for a step up in quality.
Vogt Silversmiths. You'll have to inquire if they affix customer-provided buckle sets but even if they do I"m not sure it's worth the cost (or risk) to mail it to them. I'm sure you could have it done locally after receiving the belt.

withbluejeans

Reaction score
I’m looking for a winter overcoat - preferably in a solid navy but open to patterns - that goes beyond the knees. I work in a university setting and so have pretty significant flexibility with formality, and lean toward the more casual side - mostly knitwear or oxfords and pleated pants- lots of Our Legacy and Engineered Garments. I usually wear Wallabees style shoes or Birkenstock Boston’s. Anyone have brand recommendations to look at? My budget is around 600 at the max as I’m trying to get as close to buy it for life as you can.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like mfpen for long overcoats. I have a black Hollis coat from last year which is great.

mfpen_AW21_web_139.jpg

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I never know what I’m doing when it comes to shoe color.

black boots or brown boots? I think either works fine, but clearly one has to be better, right?

CABED7E8-EE56-40E4-B7EB-279A67FF05CF.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never know what I’m doing when it comes to shoe color.

black boots or brown boots? I think either works fine, but clearly one has to be better, right?

View attachment 1712534

With that specific outfit, I would do black or brown boots. Either would be good and I'm not sure one choice is better than the other.

jmiller123

Reaction score
IMG_7441.JPG

More of a should I keep, but I took delivery of the LEJ Corduroy pants today and I'm conflicted. The material and finishing is really nice but I don't know if they are very flattering on me. The rise is quite high and hits at the belly button, and the top block from several inches above the knee and up is snug. It doesn't feel tight at the waist so I don't think I could go up a size, I think it's just more the cut. What do you guys think?

TexasToast

Reaction score
I think I've decided on a pair of shoes that would be customary with a jeans but cant decide on what color shoes to get.

Beckett Simonon Royce Longwings

Bordeaux
color_oak_1_royce_longwings_1000x1000.jpg
or

Oak
color_oak_1_royce_longwings_1000x1000.jpg

Attachments

• color_bordeaux_1_royce_longwings_1000x1000.jpg
    color_bordeaux_1_royce_longwings_1000x1000.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 46

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads