• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

karmaguy

Reaction score
I’m considering this “shirt coat” from Fujito, anyone have thoughts/feelings? It’s so hot where I live year round that I figure it’s one of the few outerwear pieces I think I could wear a large % of the year? 100% cotton etc

57A57B46-3218-4B1B-96F3-54121207A8E4.png

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m considering this “shirt coat” from Fujito, anyone have thoughts/feelings? It’s so hot where I live year round that I figure it’s one of the few outerwear pieces I think I could wear a large % of the year? 100% cotton etc

View attachment 1708905
I really do love this style - I have the linen one from summer, and think the shape would serve the purpose of a light coat quite well.

物の哀れ

Reaction score
1637891418776.png

Gortex. Lugged sole. No laces. Lots of reflective bits. Is this peak park and playground beater?

Pair them with Lululemon baggies and oxford, and an And Wander Parker.

1637891640886.png

If these were Nike or Salomon, I'd probably snap them up, but I can't get down with Adidas for some reason...

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1710000
Gortex. Lugged sole. No laces. Lots of reflective bits. Is this peak park and playground beater?

Pair them with Lululemon baggies and oxford, and an And Wander Parker.

View attachment 1710001

If these were Nike or Salomon, I'd probably snap them up, but I can't get down with Adidas for some reason...

Nike ACG mountain fly low looks better. The regular mountain fly is even better. And Wander jacket looks good if the color works on your skin tone

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
I need pants.

I love the look of these Barbanera trousers from afar:

But looking closer the pattern is… pretty unique. Because I need pants I'm scared these may not be versatile enough.

1637901142758.png

I love how the Barbanera guys and Mark Maggiori pair more formal trousers with western shirts, odd sport coats, and chunky sweaters. Open to suggestions for other trousers, but about these ones: should I or shouldn't I?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I need pants.

But looking closer the pattern is… pretty unique. Because I need pants I'm scared these may not be versatile enough.

View attachment 1710030

I love how the Barbanera guys and Mark Maggiori pair more formal trousers with western shirts, odd sport coats, and chunky sweaters. Open to suggestions for other trousers, but about these ones: should I or shouldn't I?

I dig the pants. If returns are easy for you, I would at least try em.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alas, they are not. I'm in California and returns are €80. I've bought Barbanera from The Rake before, but they don't carry these ? I might go for it anyway.

If you can't return, get measurements. I have two of their shirts and one of their jackets. I had to size up on the shirts cause they run super trim.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need pants.

View attachment 1710030

I have a pretty similar pair, Prada a few seasons ago, but in grey and I've found them to be pretty versatile. At first I thought they looked a bit too much like morning suit trousers but I've found them to work with anything from a velvet blazer to a hoodie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads