• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Burberry balmacaan

It’s a size larger than my normal size but it looks ok to me. It also ticks all the things I want (big collar, length, herringbone, heavy weight) except I would’ve prefer gray over brown.

92EE6769-1EA9-4C5F-8091-8244A2C5AD9A.jpeg

4E85A2ED-24BB-4291-B415-5C1DC6E22ADD.jpeg

358045C7-FEF5-48D5-8FA5-A9DEEF4BECA5.jpeg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proportions look spot on to me. Fwiw I think it looks nicer in that rich donegal brown (and also more versatile, not that this should ever be a deciding factor....)

donny5

Reaction score
Hi there.

Currently looking for a lightweight jacket. On my spring/summer rotation I have a couple of suede jackets and a couple of denim plus some over shirts, mostly all Paul Smith or Stone Island (I'm in the UK). Plus soft shell rain jackets etc.. I am after something that plugs the gap. More weatherproof than the denim and suedes but more light and casual/dressier than a soft shell. A leather might work and I love the off duty look but I just really don't suit them for some reason. So I came across this. Has the leather 'look' being a Belstaff but is waxed cotton. So weather proof. Anything else spring to mind that I could look at?

Screenshot_20210722-095143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link for more images

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

Currently looking for a lightweight jacket. On my spring/summer rotation I have a couple of suede jackets and a couple of denim plus some over shirts, mostly all Paul Smith or Stone Island (I'm in the UK). Plus soft shell rain jackets etc.. I am after something that plugs the gap. More weatherproof than the denim and suedes but more light and casual/dressier than a soft shell. A leather might work and I love the off duty look but I just really don't suit them for some reason. So I came across this. Has the leather 'look' being a Belstaff but is waxed cotton. So weather proof. Anything else spring to mind that I could look at?

View attachment 1642592

Link for more images
I have that jacket, and I love it...

donny5

Reaction score
I have that jacket, and I love it...
Excellent, how do you find the sizing? I want this pretty slim as I only imagine ever wearing a t-shirt or maybe a thin hoodie under it and wearing it open too most of the time. I'm normally a 48 but can go 46 (UK S) on Denim and Suede jackets if they are not as slim as I like , would the 48 be fitted enough?

Cheers

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent, how do you find the sizing? I want this pretty slim as I only imagine ever wearing a t-shirt or maybe a thin hoodie under it and wearing it open too most of the time. I'm normally a 48 but can go 46 (UK S) on Denim and Suede jackets if they are not as slim as I like , would the 48 be fitted enough?

Cheers
Mine is a medium, I'm 6' 170 pounds and it fits slim just the way I like it. So for me, very TTS.
In a Euro sized jacket I normally take a 48/50 depending...

donny5

Reaction score
Mine is a medium, I'm 6' 170 pounds and it fits slim just the way I like it. So for me, very TTS.
In a Euro sized jacket I normally take a 48/50 depending...
I'm a touch shorter than you and maybe a few pounds lighter too as a result, gut says 46 so have ordered that and can always exchange. Thanks for the feedback, will let you know how I get on! Lovely looking jacket so looking forward to trying it on!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads