• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentle reminder: there is more than one question in my post.

sigh. As you well know, the second question in your post is an answer to the first one, posed as an either/or possibility with Feliks's original not entirely serious post. I don't think you're this stupid.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sigh. As you well know, the second question in your post is an answer to the first one, posed as an either/or possibility with Feliks's original not entirely serious post. I don't think you're this stupid.

Sigh indeed. ?

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do feel a little awkward wearing it as a white guy, considering the graphic on the back is a black figure in chains stomping out a white figure.
Someone else pointed out the provenance of the tee, but if you feel uncomfortable wearing it (which is fair) you should donate it to the most stylish black person you know. That is a really special shirt it should be worn.
y'all in eight months after the cowboy trend's over
I grew up riding horses and going to multiple rodeos a year, for me the trend is just confirmation that I should've grown up to be a cowboy

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pursuant to the Nicholas Daley discussion from earlier in this thread, I keep returning to this tie-dyed military overshirt. Has anyone perhaps seen this piece in person, or any general impressions of the brand? Not sure if it's too outré for my first piece from the brand, but I've been wanting to try something for a while now. Different images show different levels of dye saturation, and the fit is difficult to pin down too precisely due to the extremely dropped shoulders, but a couple of different sizes would probably work for that very reason.
w1200_q80.jpg
w1200.jpg

And then there's the beach shirt as well, which nicely combines workwear and vacation shirt details:
nicholas-daley-blue-beach-short-sleeve-shirt-ssense-photo.png

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Pursuant to the Nicholas Daley discussion from earlier in this thread, I keep returning to this tie-dyed military overshirt. Has anyone perhaps seen this piece in person, or any general impressions of the brand? Not sure if it's too outré for my first piece from the brand, but I've been wanting to try something for a while now. Different images show different levels of dye saturation, and the fit is difficult to pin down too precisely due to the extremely dropped shoulders, but a couple of different sizes would probably work for that very reason. View attachment 1640897 View attachment 1640898

And then there's the beach shirt as well, which nicely combines workwear and vacation shirt details:
View attachment 1640899
Shameless plug.. I bought the tie dye jacket and unbox / try it on here. The photos on Mr Porter are pretty accurate.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll piggyback on this. I actually have another Nicholas Daley piece I am looking at since I probably am becoming a brand whore for him. I do like his stuff and I ended up buying another piece from him, but saw this and thought it was cool
Nicholas Daley.jpeg

Nicholas daley 2.jpeg

My only big gripe is that I dont love the zipper length and the spacing seems a little funky but otherwise sorta cool

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
^^
What do you mean You don't like the zipper length? Zips usually start at the bottom and go to the top. Such as this. Anyway, it looks home made, which is not the same as hand made. You'll be 30 in a few months. Nix this.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
What do you mean You don't like the zipper length? Zips usually start at the bottom and go to the top. Such as this. Anyway, it looks home made, which is not the same as hand made. You'll be 30 in a few months. Nix this.

Lol, no not all zippers run the length of a coat, some start higher up especially when the coat is longer. A good example are cafe racers. Also I appreciate your advice, but never tell me my age as a reason for not getting something. It is so boring, am I supposed to start buying nothing but oxfords and button ups? However your opinion on the ameteur look of it is noted.

Buco.jpeg

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I'll piggyback on this. I actually have another Nicholas Daley piece I am looking at since I probably am becoming a brand whore for him. I do like his stuff and I ended up buying another piece from him, but saw this and thought it was cool View attachment 1641013
View attachment 1641014

My only big gripe is that I dont love the zipper length and the spacing seems a little funky but otherwise sorta cool
Personally, I'm not a fan of that shade of brown, on any clothes. It feels like the default character if Workwear had it's own video game. I'd go with the Navy version.

I think this jacket is interesting too, but quite different than what you're looking at. Note SSENSE incorrectly labels the 38 as Size S, it's actually M: https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/nicholas-daley/navy-three-pocket-cardigan/6285051

Also, @Egdon Heath it's supposed to look homemade - like a British Mod jacket. It's a keenly London style, but if other folks dig it, then who cares? Wear it!
1cda84ed895fcf5343b0fa252febb9b98f8b92e6_810.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan of that shade of brown, on any clothes. It feels like the default character if Workwear had it's own video game. I'd go with the Navy version.

I think this jacket is interesting too, but quite different than what you're looking at. Note SSENSE incorrectly labels the 38 as Size S, it's actually M: https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/nicholas-daley/navy-three-pocket-cardigan/6285051

Also, @Egdon Heath it's supposed to look homemade - like a British Mod jacket. It's a keenly London style, but if other folks dig it, then who cares? Wear it!
View attachment 1641019

Haha the default character if workwear had its own video game is pretty funny. I was looking at the navy one too, but I have so much damn denim that I thought, maybe I should veer to a new color. I dont own any beige, not even pants or shirts. Good hookup on that goodhood link though since they have my size.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll piggyback on this. I actually have another Nicholas Daley piece I am looking at since I probably am becoming a brand whore for him. I do like his stuff and I ended up buying another piece from him, but saw this and thought it was cool

Obscure reference time: "Stepping Razor" is the name that the Rastafarians give to Molly in William Gibson's utterly brilliant SF novel, Neuromancer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads