• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jaaz16

Reaction score
All this loafer talk has got me looking at those Carmina horsebits.

For the price I don't think you can beat Carmina. I own both the Carmina and Gucci loafers above the the quality is far better from Carmina.

The Gucci are classic though and I wear them just as much.

As others have noted, ( and as someone with 13 grey loop wheeler sweatshirts ) sometimes it's best to spend more and just get the one you really want vs the cheaper imitation.

Can you share any tips on sizing?

Nbarbar

Reaction score
All this loafer talk has got me looking at those Carmina horsebits.

Can you share any tips on sizing?
I have them both in UK10.5 and think the Carmina are slightly bigger.
I wear a US11.5 in Nike / HOKA.

The Carmina feels better ie more like the Nike HOKA sizing. Gucci I would happily try UK 11 in, Carmina seems pretty spot on.

I use a tree horn on both gucci and Carmina and often wear them without socks.
Good luck!

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the one hand, I can’t stand this full-on sleaze cosplay ****, along with full 90s cosplay (“OMG, archival Issey bomber”) and cowboy cosplay.

On the other, I really like the idea of a bit loafer that looks nothing like a sleazy shoe and is instead beefier, less knowingly ironic—not something where I can easily guess the type of IG profile the person has (same as every other edgy NYC/LA boy who likes “design” and natural wine) based on their footwear. Moving further from sleaze, past those B&Ws and even closer to Timb three eye lugs. Not talking goth creeper style shoes either. Any suggestions for such a thing?

I seem to recall Yuketen having one. And there were some funky loafers from EG recently but none with the horse-bit thing.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Needles x Doc Martens

dr-martens-x-needles-10.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I really like those. So much so I'm kinda thinking of grabbing a sale pair. Although that much cash for docs always gets me since I know the quality is middling but the design is definitely something Uber recognizable

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the Needles ones too, including the clogs @KamoteJoe often wears. I kinda want something with a lug sole and moc toe, though. I suppose any existing loafer could have a lug sole slapped onto it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads