• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa nelly! You have the boro trucker as well?? Fit pics please!

To be fair though, I am not sure the spring version existed three years ago? Afaik the blanket lined version was the only one available in the beginning...
If that’s true it makes me feel better. I’ve never actually worn it out because that lining is intense for Florida even when it gets “cold.” I’ve kept it just because it’s so nice and I have a hard time letting go of nice stuff even if it’s just hanging in the closet.

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
What do you all think of this shirt? I don't have any madras shirts and was thinking about getting this done custom as a shirt jacket for the summer. Thinking long sleeve, no chest pockets, with side pockets. I appreciate any feedback.

IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that’s true it makes me feel better. I’ve never actually worn it out because that lining is intense for Florida even when it gets “cold.” I’ve kept it just because it’s so nice and I have a hard time letting go of nice stuff even if it’s just hanging in the closet.

What size did you get?

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
It’s fine. I don’t love the color combination, but ymmv. Also seems a bit conservative, but that may be a plus or a minus.

Edit: this was for xxghostface
thanks bry. I appreciate your input. You too @kjb. Your fit pics are some of my fav, so if its good with you its good with me.

Reactions: kjb

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of this shirt? I don't have any madras shirts and was thinking about getting this done custom as a shirt jacket for the summer. Thinking long sleeve, no chest pockets, with side pockets. I appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 1623595 View attachment 1623596 View attachment 1623597 View attachment 1623598

I was admiring that shirt yesterday. I like the shirt jacket idea but would personally go for 3 or 4 patch pockets. But that’s just me.

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
I was admiring that shirt yesterday. I like the shirt jacket idea but would personally go for 3 or 4 patch pockets. But that’s just me.
that is such an interesting idea. are you thinking short sleeve w/ patch pockets almost like a guayabera type shirt?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is such an interesting idea. are you thinking short sleeve w/ patch pockets almost like a guayabera type shirt?

I hadnt thought of short sleeves, but that could be really cool like you said as a guayabera style.

I was thinking in the way you suggested with long sleeves as more light weight over shirt / chore coat style with two waist style patch pockets and either none, one, or two chest pockets.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had any LVC jeans. Are they worth it?

1947 501 "White Noise"

1623595162412.png

1623595278885.png

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much? I have LVC 517s and they are noticeably nicer than regular levis. Not as nice as Kapital or anything but nice. I paid about 200.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much? I have LVC 517s and they are noticeably nicer than regular levis. Not as nice as Kapital or anything but nice. I paid about 200.

Think I can get these for about $200. Pass or kop?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads