• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kapital seems to be everywhere but that's neither here nor there. I like it.

Are you now going to tell us that you can find it for $45 at a Japanese thrift shop?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kapital seems to be everywhere but that's neither here nor there. I like it.

Are you now going to tell us that you can find it for $45 at a Japanese thrift shop?

I wish, it's like 400 bucks at a second hand shop. It's like 350 USD off the retail price but to be honest Kapital doesn't ever seem to be around any of the second hand shops. I kinda wonder if its actually that popular with local peeps. Auralee, Nepenthes stuff is super common in second hand stores tho.

The only people around me who purchase the stuff are the 4 foreigners. My boss has long hair and a beard like me so with a mask, they always confuse me in the Kapital store. To the point where if I ever want to buy something, I just go to Osaka instead haha

@peachfuzzmcgee save up, get a boro trucker, be content.

I tried it on and I still prefer the blanket lined one. Also as much as I like it, I have a reaaallllll hard time dropping 1.2k on a jacket that isn't like leather or something haha. I might just finally get the mud dyed century jacket to match my pants.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally not into that Kap jacket.

I like the boro trucker and once had a chance to try it on. But the style is just so out there for me, I also passed on that. I think you have to really lean into that apocalyptic look to wear that specific piece. It's also super thick, so I assume it wears warm.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally not into that Kap jacket.

I like the boro trucker and once had a chance to try it on. But the style is just so out there for me, I also passed on that. I think you have to really lean into that apocalyptic look to wear that specific piece. It's also super thick, so I assume it wears warm.

I have to disagree with you there brother. The boro spring version is lighter and wears great with lots of stuff imo. Ymmv of course.

Two pretty average entries from waywt:

2C81D8E5-DF99-4D62-89E0-9F7B26AC8E3D.jpeg
IMG_20210408_084600-02.jpeg

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a cool jacket but I definitely feel as though I like it more conceptually than I do actually once I think about what I wear and my fits.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That bomber style kapital jacket is cool but kind of gives me Rastafarian vibes.

@peachfuzzmcgee do you already have a ring coat? That's the most versatile and wearable jacket they make.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. But, I kind of want some white bucks to beat up myself... tho I’m dedicated to #loagerlyfe. It’s complicated.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That bomber style kapital jacket is cool but kind of gives me Rastafarian vibes.

@peachfuzzmcgee do you already have a ring coat? That's the most versatile and wearable jacket they make.

I have a ring coat in a Kountry version made of denim with a ton of random d rings and a huge military wool scarf added to to it. I rarely buy expensive versatile stuff though. If Im gonna pay good money for something, **** better have a ~vibe~

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew there was a spring version before I bought the blanket version. 3 years ago. Gotta stop frenzy kopping.

Whoa nelly! You have the boro trucker as well?? Fit pics please!

To be fair though, I am not sure the spring version existed three years ago? Afaik the blanket lined version was the only one available in the beginning...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads