• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White hoodie was my worst ever purchase: that huge expanse of white is just waiting to attract the worst stains imaginable, and of course, it happens sooner rather than later - and unlike with say, denim, it doesn't look cool, it just makes you look like a fumble-fingered fool.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fwiw this is the kind of colour and cut I want. I have the logo crewneck version of this and the weight and feel and fit are ideal. I just don’t want to pay that for a hoody.
Probably not the brand you were after, but Fear of God Essentials just released one for about $90.

Edit: I now see it has a logo on the back.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chamula bracelets?

1621010761318.png

1621010908301.png

1621010813719.png

1621010866700.png

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Can I get some recommendations for casual, relaxed fitting dark-ish brown pants for SS?

I don't want some oversized pajama pants, but I also don't want some chinos that look like I receive early sale access at Brook's Brothers.

Something that wouldn't look out of place worn at a casual tech company, but can also be worn with flowy, short sleeve shirts.

Am I being overly specific, or do pants like this exists?

Please help.

1621012667368.png

1621012797683.png

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Can I get some recommendations for casual, relaxed fitting dark-ish brown pants for SS?

I don't want some oversized pajama pants, but I also don't want some chinos that look like I receive early sale access at Brook's Brothers.

Something that wouldn't look out of place worn at a casual tech company, but can also be worn with flowy, short sleeve shirts.

Am I being overly specific, or do pants like this exists?

Please help.

The Uniqlo linen/cotton easy pants might fit the bill. https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/product/men-linen-blended-relaxed-pants-425148.html

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the hoodie talk. I don’t wear hoodies often at all so it’s a very specific use case which is also why I don’t want to spend much. Uniqlo restocked their mainline off white hoody so I just grabbed one of those.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't wear hoodies for years and years, but for whatever reason bought two relaxed/oversized black hoodies (Arket and HM "blank staples") a couple of months ago, and I have basically been living in them since. I was originally thinking Id only wear them at home, but now I happily throw a coat on top and wear them for walks and whatever...

Thanks for the hoodie talk. I don’t wear hoodies often at all so it’s a very specific use case which is also why I don’t want to spend much. Uniqlo restocked their mainline off white hoody so I just grabbed one of those.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

grayfox

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up the hi-shine gibson derby from Solovair. I just haven't heard good things about the quality and lifespan of Docs these days so I thought maybe it'd be a good option to spend a little more and go with the Solovair instead. I'd just like a nice work-wear esque derby shoe to wear to work standing most of the day. If anyone has any other recommendations I'd appreciate it! I really love the MHL postman derby she did with Solovair, but their regular 'postman' shoe seems to have sold out from the official site.

1621182743077.png

Another option would be the derby shoe from Our Legacy, although they cost quite a bit more

NO MERCY

Reaction score
I really liked the monkey boots I got from Solovair (which I also was inspired to get after seeing the MHL iteration). Quality was great for the price. Cant speak to the hi-shine leather, but would highly recommend the "greasy" black option.

grayfox

Reaction score
I really liked the monkey boots I got from Solovair (which I also was inspired to get after seeing the MHL iteration). Quality was great for the price. Cant speak to the hi-shine leather, but would highly recommend the "greasy" black option.
Thanks for the rec, looking at the product photos it looks like the MHL versions use the 'greasy' leather

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Belts 1, 2, or 3? Belts 2 and 3 would be put on a vintage tan leather strap.

To be worn with jeans, RRL, workwear type fits.

shadow_0000_UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_498b.jpeg

il_1588xN.2121058591_h5jc.jpg
il_1588xN.3038136890_9i1u.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads