• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
year 2021 we size up! ?

size up on pants ?
size up on jackets ??
size up on shoes ???

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Postalco-Rain_Cape-Ochre_OS_1-2_2048x2048.jpg

Postalco-Rain_Cape-Ochre_OS_2_2048x2048.jpg

looking for a light rain jacket for when it's hot and rainy outside and came across this raincape by postalco.

y/n?
hard pass, personally.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody here have much experience with Auralee? I want to try these but it’s hard to find measurements other than their website...

I just want to know if a 5 is right for a 34/50

some of their pants seem like I might be a 6 and some look like a 5 would be perfect. But that specific cut I just kind find any other comps.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Does anybody here have much experience with Auralee? I want to try these but it’s hard to find measurements other than their website...

I just want to know if a 5 is right for a 34/50

some of their pants seem like I might be a 6 and some look like a 5 would be perfect. But that specific cut I just kind find any other comps.
They're one of my recent favorites. I've found the measurements on their website are generally pretty accurate. I have a pair of this seasons twisted denim in a Size 3 and they fit like a 29, which is what they're listed at on their site. I don't believe they go up to Size 6, but correct me if I'm wrong.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve definitely seen size 6s, at least in tops. Ive liked what they’ve been doing for a bit but never pulled the trigger, mostly because of sizing but they seem easier to find now so I can buy from places with easy returns

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve definitely seen size 6s, at least in tops. Ive liked what they’ve been doing for a bit but never pulled the trigger, mostly because of sizing but they seem easier to find now so I can buy from places with easy returns
Yeah, I'm hesitant about their pants because I'm not quite sure even the 6 would fit comfortably--I'm around a true 36 waist. I've recently purchased a jacket and cotton knit from them, however, and love the fit of both in a size 5. I'm about a 43 chest.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Definitely give the brand a try. Everything they do is incredibly well done (fabric selection, color palette, silhouettes, proportions, construction etc etc).

One caveat, similar to Lemaire, they seem to size up a bit for lookbook / styled shots. The TTS usually isn't so drapey and loungey, but still nice relaxed cuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads