• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Iskander

Reaction score
Hello dear friends. I am new to the forum and need your advisement.

I have recently ordered Valstar Milano raincoat and am unsure of size. I am usually size 52 (or 42 in US sizing) but ordered 54 since I have already Valstarino jacket in 54 because fit is quite slim.
Milano fit is OK, but the body fairly wide (especially the waist). I think this is more mac style jacket which is meant to be shorter and slimmer rather than trench coat style which should be looser. Please tell me what you think. Should I buy instead size 52? It is no trouble to exchange
View from side seems quite a lot of volume

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have recently ordered Valstar Milano raincoat and am unsure of size. I am usually size 52 (or 42 in US sizing) but ordered 54 since I have already Valstarino jacket in 54 because fit is quite slim.
Milano fit is OK, but the body fairly wide (especially the waist). I think this is more mac style jacket which is meant to be shorter and slimmer rather than trench coat style which should be looser. Please tell me what you think. Should I buy instead size 52? It is no trouble to exchange

View attachment 1599817

View attachment 1599818

It’s fine in an oversized way, but sounds like you want something slightly more fitted. The sleeves and shoulders look a touch big, so a size down would probably fit better.

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1599817

View attachment 1599818

Volume good

Slim fit bad

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 1599817

View attachment 1599818

I like the volume, but wish it was longer. Sizing up probably won't give you the length you need. IMO, that coat would look better if it came down to the knee or just above it.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy for really wanting this

1619465627333.png

If I already have this?

80584db754e123a1f733cd38415d8947.jpg

?

Please help me keep myself from making a mistake. The enchantment of this delicious light purple bandana patchwork has completely clouded my mind.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoodog I may be mistaken but don't you already have a bandanna kakashi? If you don't I'd get the purple/navy one so it won't be as similar to the jacket you have

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too much bandana... Feels like something you will get tired of in a year? But perhaps not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads