• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gr8man

Reaction score
I like it, but I am a big Kapital fan. I think @dieworkwear has that shirt so maybe he can say something about it.
Thanks for replying, I recognize your username from Kapital forum, I made same question there, as much as I love the shirt the only withdraw is hefty price, even if it was 2/3 of this, i would buy it instantly. I have to plan a trip to japan after this pandemic and buy whole bunch of Kapital clothing, plus I love to visit there anyway.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you need fun shoes to say that you're fun, you're not that fun.

Maybe just go with the streets and get all white mid Air Force 1s or mid Air Jordan 1s? Is that fun enough? ?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with young kids, what do you use to carry around the baby/kids stuff? All the diaper bags are ugly, I have a black diaper backpack that's plain but I'm looking for something a little more interesting.

It has to be big enough to hold diapers, change of clothes, wipes, snacks, toys, iPad, etc. I was thinking the large Kapital snufkin bag. Any suggestions?
We used a cross body bike messenger bag with a clip to keep it from swinging around when you bend over, which you do all the time with little kids. Better than backpack because you don't have to take it off, and much more comfortable than a shoulder bag. There are are a bunch of good brands out there.

feliks

Reaction score
does it make sense to buy some Wrangler Wranchers just to send them to someone like Luxire to have them reproduced in a tropical wool (if they can even do cowboy cuts like that)? I like the look a lot but can't stand polyester.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'd have them just copy the fit, but not do a 5 pocket style - give them regular dress trouser front and rear pockets so they still have the feel of regular trousers.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warm weather and buzzed head means I might need something on top. I don't think I am ready for the whole bucket hat thing... So, how about this cap instead? I've never owned a cap before, so this is a bit of uncharted territory for me...

Regular?
1617525999691.png

1617526173008.png

Or "crash remake"?

1617526074069.png

Or nein of das above?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re opposed to a bucket hat but you’re considering the train conductor look?!
The first one sucks.

lol train conductors rule.

Edit: I found the perfect solution - train conductor bucket hat! SF cool bro rating = 10/10

1617531195824.png

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The first one does have train conductor vibes to me. Seems like it would work with some Kapital outfits, but if you're looking for something easier to wear as your first cap, you could try Papa Nui. I think thier caps would go with what you wear. Only thing is that they're fitted, so buy from a place that takes returns in case sizing doesn't work out.

Some Papa Nui styles are a bit more challenging than others, but I think this one below is pretty universal for workwear outfits. I once talked to Tony Sylvester about some of his favorite caps and he also said he thought this is an easier starter.

papa_nui_olive_pierce_01-680x1025.jpeg

gr8man

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm Kapital clothing size 3 refer to M or L? Thanks!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thought on this linen Kapital shirt, any other suggestion will be appreciate!

View attachment 1586457
I like it, but I am a big Kapital fan. I think @dieworkwear has that shirt so maybe he can say something about it.

Mine is actually this one below. I like it, but wear the red version of their "Aloha shirts" more. I find it easier to pair the red shirt with the stuff I normally wear below (e.g. blue jeans and olive fatigues) and then jackets (jackets in tan, olive, or navy). Whereas a blue shirt sometimes looks too blue with blue jackets or blue jeans.

It's a small thing, but on both of my shirts, the buttons are somewhat loosely sewn. I've had them for a few years now and the buttons have stayed on, but I've always thought about getting a tailor to reattach the buttons. You can also just do the job at home. Otherwise, a nice shirt, albeit a bit expensive.

kapital linen shirt.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads