• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gnu

Reaction score
I like the black shell. I plan on getting them in the future and wearing them with resolute or Orslow denim with a small cuff.

This is exactly how I was planning on wearing them. I pretty much only wear Orslow and/or Orslow adjacent brands outside of work.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Lady White a little tight for my liking, given the tubular construction. I usually wear size S, but sized up. I ended up selling my unworn tee from my two-pack purchase as a result.

Granted, I was more in-between sizes and have since lost some weight, so maybe it fits a bit better now.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Lady White a little tight for my liking, given the tubular construction. I usually wear size S, but sized up. I ended up selling my unworn tee from my two-pack purchase as a result.

Granted, I was more in-between sizes and have since lost some weight, so maybe it fits a bit better now.
Where was it right? Large is too loose and too long for me and I’m 5’9 170~ with pretty wide shoulders/chest and 16” arms. And I wear a medium. It’s a heavy shirt with no shrinkage, and it stretches to your body with wear.

donny5

Reaction score
Hi. So I'm experimenting with losser trousers, 'pants' or breeks where I'm from!

Lockdown, getting older and a knee op all factors. These are for lazy days off duty

20210301_125935.jpg
but where I still want to get 'dressed'. Are they TOO loose? Especially in the seat?

20210301_130021.jpg

20210301_130007.jpg

I love the length and fabric, they are elasticated (wanted something really comfy) so I could size down at the waist if that would make much of a difference?

Any advice would be really welcome

Cheers

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. So I'm experimenting with losser trousers, 'pants' or breeks where I'm from!

Lockdown, getting older and a knee op all factors. These are for lazy days off duty

View attachment 1564910 but where I still want to get 'dressed'. Are they TOO loose? Especially in the seat?

View attachment 1564908

View attachment 1564909

I love the length and fabric, they are elasticated (wanted something really comfy) so I could size down at the waist if that would make much of a difference?

Cheers

First pic makes it look like you could pull them up a bit and the seat issue might be remedied. But the pic from the front doesn't make me think they're being worn too low, so IDK.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1564910 but where I still want to get 'dressed'. Are they TOO loose? Especially in the seat?

View attachment 1564908

View attachment 1564909

Cheers
The seat doesn’t bother me but if it really bothers you maybe you should look for a wide leg pants with a slimmer seat.
With any looser pant though, I feel it helps to have a looser top, unless you’re going for a specific look. With the shirt you’re wearing it might help to roll the sleeves and unbutton another button so the whole vibe is loose and the pants don’t stand out as much. My two cents.

donny5

Reaction score
Yea you're right about the fit. My lossest pants I currently own are these linen combats, so put them on with a different, losser fit for a nice walk in the spring sunshine.

In saying that the seat still looks better here I think...?

20210301_150551.jpg

20210301_150614.jpg

mangocheese

Reaction score
Where was it right? Large is too loose and too long for me and I’m 5’9 170~ with pretty wide shoulders/chest and 16” arms. And I wear a medium. It’s a heavy shirt with no shrinkage, and it stretches to your body with wear.

Which shirt did you try? I also have sizing issues with LWC; I'm 5'11 190 with big shoulders and chest. I've tried XLs in a couple of their t-shirts, as well as their button up polos, and each time they feel restrictively tight in the shoulders particularly.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which shirt did you try? I also have sizing issues with LWC; I'm 5'11 190 with big shoulders and chest. I've tried XLs in a couple of their t-shirts, as well as their button up polos, and each time they feel restrictively tight in the shoulders particularly.
I wear the medium in “our, lite, and rugby” it’s definitely meant to be a classic t shirt fit (slim but not tight) which is supposed to be a closer fit than how lots of t shirts are worn today...

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Along the sides.

Their two pack tees in Size S have always fit pretty slim (18.5" across), so sizing up is a must unless your chest measures at 36".

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Along the sides.

Their two pack tees in Size S have always fit pretty slim (18.5" across), so sizing up is a must unless your chest measures at 36".
Well that depends. I like my chest size to show through in shirts , but then again i also have a big taper down to waist of 10-12”, so if you had a similiar sized chest to waist/tummy you might not want the chest to be tight cus then the whole shirt would be unflattering. I think it depends on body type.

The medium “our” is the slimmest which measured 20” across. I mostly use this as an under shirt or under a short sleeve camp shirt. The lite shirt is much lighter and stretchy, and my favorite shape is the rugby which measures 22.5” across at medium with a high collar and boxy fit. For reference my chest is 42”, my shoulders are like 19” across, my waist is between 28-32” depending on season, and I’m 5ft9

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for southwestern/aztec print shirts/shirt jackets aside from Pendleton and RRL? Something in the ~$250 or less range would be great.

RRL is a bit out of my price range, while Pendleton's model is a bit too pastel. Freenote has one but its too subdued for what I'm looking for.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for southwestern/aztec print shirts/shirt jackets aside from Pendleton and RRL? Something in the ~$250 or less range would be great.

RRL is a bit out of my price range, while Pendleton's model is a bit too pastel. Freenote has one but its too subdued for what I'm looking for.

Check out Faherty, the owners/designers used to work at RRL and you can see the influence in their shirts and knits. They have a few on their site:

The others are more pastel

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads