• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the mushroom sweater. To me it is funny and nothing wrong with that. So often in posts I read about people being depressed especially with what is happening now. If you can't laugh at yourself once in a while then maybe what you are wearing can bring a smile to other people. Everyone needs a little whimsy in their life.
It’s why I like wearing Kapital smiley stuff nowadays. People see it and I see some smiles on their end too. We don’t need to be so serious all the time. And we got enough **** going on as it is.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's you guys' take on paying up for high quality knitwear?
I've had some people say that it's not worth the effort to maintain and care as they will eventually get ruined anyway, and I've had others say if you are looking for knitwear, pay up
In the spirit of the thread, I'm torn between those two:

View attachment 1485240 View attachment 1485241

I'm not incredibly interested in either of these, but I say quality knitwear is definitely worth the price - especially for cashmere or merino. Contrary to popular belief, the softness of these wools does not indicate fragility, if you buy them from proper sources.

They can be pricey. Don't believe those who say quality can be had for nothing (excepting secondhand). At a certain point, the quality will deteriorate. For sweaters of the material I discussed, I'd say that begins once they are less than $200, or made anywhere other than North America/Europe.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GitmanVintage-TwoPocketWorkshirt-RedCottonTweedCheck-Flat-33_2000x.jpg

First Gitman shirt I've wanted in a while.

GitmanVintage-TwoPocketWorkshirt-RedCottonTweedCheck-Flat-35_2000x.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this pattern on knitted beanies is called or where I can buy one?

2013-02-02_13.48.59b.jpg

I like the looser weave, it works better for my big head. This place called it a 2 row skyping pattern beanie but I couldn't find anything when googling it. Also tried googling loose knit beanie but didn't really find anything. Thanks.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying this Borrelli suit. Any comments? The problem is that the SF member won't answer any of my questions about measurements. The tag is my size, but alof of the newer suits are ultra slim, so you never know what you're getting. I suppose the fact that the seller won't answer my queries is not a good sign. By the way, is there a return policy for the B&S listings?

1604761122366.png

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying this Borrelli suit. Any comments? The problem is that the SF member won't answer any of my questions about measurements. The tag is my size, but alof of the newer suits are ultra slim, so you never know what you're getting. I suppose the fact that the seller won't answer my queries is not a good sign. By the way, is there a return policy for the B&S listings?

View attachment 1492416

Never buy a suit online if you can't get even the basic measurements for it. Also, seller that doesn't respond = big red flag.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Never buy a suit online if you can't get even the basic measurements for it. Also, seller that doesn't respond = big red flag.

Good advice hoodog. I will only buy online with measurements. I've missed out of some attractive deals because I couldn't get measurements before someone else snapped it up. Better safe than sorry.

Do you know if B&S has a return policy? I couldn't find any listed.

ctttt777

Reaction score
1366500_1_zoom.jpg

Need help, been struggling for a while... I really love the look but I have never bought chunky cardigan before : 1. I'm not sure how will it look after piling. 2. I'm not sure the use scenario of it. I think wearing it in late fall/winter outdoors is too cold because of no wind protection, and wearing it indoors or in spring is too hot. And as it is chunky it isn't appropriate for mid-layer. What do you think?

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Then again, getting ripped off online is not very easy. Banks are very aggressive about anything resembling fraud.
I once bought a nice suit online and the seller sent me pants that were the wrong size. I returned the suit
and after several unanswered requests for a refund, I called my bank. The money was back in my account within 3 days. I recently called them again, just to check the specifics of their policy and the fraud representative told me that even if I don't like the item I had the right to return it for a refund. And if the refund wasn't forthcoming, the bank would retrieve my money. That policy applies even if the transaction is global.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
1366500_1_zoom.jpg

Need help, been struggling for a while... I really love the look but I have never bought chunky cardigan before : 1. I'm not sure how will it look after piling. 2. I'm not sure the use scenario of it. I think wearing it in late fall/winter outdoors is too cold because of no wind protection, and wearing it indoors or in spring is too hot. And as it is chunky it isn't appropriate for mid-layer. What do you think?

First, what is cardigan made from? Second, what's with the technicolor sparkles? Personally, I don't like the button closure, but to each their own.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know if B&S has a return policy? I couldn't find any listed.

There isn't one because B&S is just a forum for individuals to sell to individuals; it isn't backed by Styleforum in any robust sense. It's up to the individual seller to decide if they'll accept returns. The fact that you can't get an answer for questions about measurements doesn't bode particularly well on that front.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads