• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
What model is that? PWVC? If so, I don't think they're worth the price hike. I find their designs to be bland, and even if the construction is amazing, it's not really interesting to me. I have a Harrington from them, and it's just ok. PWVC makes nice jackets but not nice jackets.
It’s a PWVC and Permanent Style collab.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a PWVC and Permanent Style collab.

Oh ok, well then...I would look for something more interesting. I feel like monitaly has made at least 3 jackets that are similar recently, and would be better in almost every way

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Re that PW coat; I think if you’re going to get something in the style of a Barbour, you’re best off just getting a Barbour. The price is better, the construction is good and they look better, in my opinion. Also Barbours look great when they’re battered.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with mushrooms? Especially the psychedelic variety...

Well, it looks like some kind of pattern from the worse kind of 1970s home-knitting catalogs. That isn't a good thing, even as irony.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like some kind of pattern from the worse kind of 1970s home-knitting catalogs. That isn't a good thing, even as irony.

I feel like story.mfg has been doing a ton of stuff like this lately. I kind of like it in a hippiesque way.

And just googling for examples, that *was* stormfg so there I go.

I really like their new knit beanies. Was pretty tempted to grab the alien one.

BrewHat_MushroomFriends_1_1080x.png

BrewHat_AlienFriends_1_1080x.png

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a womenwear piece since I think that's how they labeled it on instagram. Not that Im saying it can't be worn by men. I like the hippie esque stuff they are putting outt, and I love the home knit vibe it puts off. I feel like it's kinda hard to find fun knits, made of quality materials. Most everything is a bit too stodgy, or bit too crappy.

rodgers12

Reaction score
Valstar makes buying their products harder than it should be so I'm considering this Margiela boxy suede trucker instead

14982317_24795224_322.jpg

Ed13

Reaction score
I like the mushroom sweater. To me it is funny and nothing wrong with that. So often in posts I read about people being depressed especially with what is happening now. If you can't laugh at yourself once in a while then maybe what you are wearing can bring a smile to other people. Everyone needs a little whimsy in their life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads