• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Think the leather material doesn’t fit the traveler coat silhouette? Or just the concept of a black leather jacket longer than waist length? It’s a pretty ambitious concept from KS

Kind of looks like a leather raincoat and thus very Steven Seagal.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BronzeJitteryHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want that Western badly too, but afraid it's gonna start looking gross pretty quick...

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want that Western badly too, but afraid it's gonna start looking gross pretty quick...

Are you thinking about dirt, stains etc? Not so sure. The uneven texture of the deep wool pile and the ecru color should mask those things pretty efficiently.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
PS-Wax-Jacket-Flat-Shot.jpg Should I update my battered old Barbour to this? £800 ain’t cheap, but might be something worth investing in?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1486543 Should I update my battered old Barbour to this? £800 ain’t cheap, but might be something worth investing in?

What model is that? PWVC? If so, I don't think they're worth the price hike. I find their designs to be bland, and even if the construction is amazing, it's not really interesting to me. I have a Harrington from them, and it's just ok. PWVC makes nice jackets but not nice jackets.

Side note, I recently got a bedale, Northumberland, and an old beat up beaufort. I don't know what took me so long...

Why sad @troika? Penny for your thoughts...

It's highly theoretical to me. I'm sure it's a very nice piece, and the wool pile fabric feels very nice, and the fit fits very nicely, but it just seems unwearable.

But also like, maybe who cares?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What model is that? PWVC? If so, I don't think they're worth the price hike. I find their designs to be bland, and even if the construction is amazing, it's not really interesting to me. I have a Harrington from them, and it's just ok. PWVC makes nice jackets but not nice jackets.

Side note, I recently got a bedale, Northumberland, and an old beat up beaufort. I don't know what took me so long...

It's highly theoretical to me. I'm sure it's a very nice piece, and the wool pile fabric feels very nice, and the fit fits very nicely, but it just seems unwearable.

But also like, maybe who cares?

lol why unwearable?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol why unwearable?

It's a heavy thing, so maybe you can layer it, but maybe not always. No side pockets. I have a shirt with the yoke covering the chest pockets, and tbh, it's a pain to use them. I also don't think it's particularly cool.

I'm just a hater, don't listen to my bad takes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads