• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

grayfox

Reaction score
Need a warm jacket for the Canadian winter, am still thinking of this one but would appreciate any other recommendations

Stone Island LINO RESINATO DOWN-TC

"Hooded down jacket made in a linen tela soaked in a lightweight polyurethane resin. Garment dyed with special dye recipes, with the addition of an anti-drop agent. The resin partially retains the colour for a final chalky/ pastel effect. The garment is padded with premium down, specifically treated to bear the garment dyeing procedure."

1601705766851.png

Last edited:

faue

Reaction score
Navy Wool/Silk Camoshita suit — ~$600
1601835605273.jpeg
1601835676267.jpeg

I don’t actually own a sincere suit and I’m looking at this to cover weddings/funerals/interviews. Or should I just go with a charcoal one from Suit Supply?

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How tall are you? I have quite a bit of Camoshita tailoring and it is all amazing but it’s too short for the formal scenarios you are describing. I wear them all casually. I would think that you’d need to be below 5’10” for it to work in a traditional sense.

faue

Reaction score
How tall are you? I have quite a bit of Camoshita tailoring and it is all amazing but it’s too short for the formal scenarios you are describing. I wear them all casually. I would think that you’d need to be below 5’10” for it to work in a traditional sense.
Ah, gotcha. I’m 5’11”, just missed the cut off!

verver

Reaction score
Also suit jacket not structured enough. No lining, no shoulders... a bit too casual events u we’re discussing

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mringo-hkc0-pw-33-full_1200x.png

mringo-hkc0-pw-33-f_1200x.png

On a kantha kick lately. Kind of wish it was a hoodie instead of a shawl collar though...

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at a few pieces from Christian Kimber, but have never owned (or even seen in person) anything apart from his pocket squares. Opinions on the pieces below (and especially from anyone who might have more first-hand knowledge of Kimber's stuff)? I was originally drawn in by the polo, but am now leaning more towards the rollneck and blouson.

ambe_1200x.png

hy_ee0f9918-1e21-4e5f-ba5b-b47d87a57528_1200x.png

HGHG_1200x.png

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at a black shirt

pockets: (might have a slight sheen due to nylon blend)

TG-Eastlouge-Utility-Field-Thumb_900x.jpg

floral:
engineered_garments_classic_shirt_black_white_floral_jacquard1_1.jpg

Or no to black shirts?

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at a black shirt

pockets: (might have a slight sheen due to nylon blend)

TG-Eastlouge-Utility-Field-Thumb_900x.jpg

floral:
engineered_garments_classic_shirt_black_white_floral_jacquard1_1.jpg

Or no to black shirts?
I'm assuming that first one is Eastlogue? I have a version of that shirt in chambray from last season and really have really enjoyed it, so would recommend.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea it's Eastlogue. Thanks.
PS, I sized up on this one because I'm tall and found the arms to be a bit short on me. TTS in body but a little shorter in the arms (pretty typical of Korean brands I've found). Probably not an issue if you're not above 6ft.

hedfunk

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is the wrong place - I picked up these jeans yesterday, could someone tell me what the inner lining style is called? I assume it's not selvedge?
IMG_20201024_112614.jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just some cloth over the seams. I dunno if it has a name. Looks cool and I guess it protects the seam?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads