• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work with a guy that cut his own hair...
We called him "Patches"

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. Those kimono shirts r bad

Man, you guys poo-pood all over my experimental kimono phase. I'm obviously bored and looking at stuff. I did grab the patchwork BDU pants and they hearken back for my military days and no one took a crap on them and they seem pretty safe (I would blouse them). I also got a safe PBJ chambray work shirt while I was on the Okayama Denim site (you know, to save the planet by shipping combined or something). It is tame enough that I didn't feel the need to ask.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these Orslow fatigues in. Don’t mind my gym shirt just trying pants on. Are these way too baggy, should I get them tapered a little and hemmed? Also what kind of footwear would look good with them?
7B4E1736-2321-491E-A2DF-47909E11E558.jpeg F354BD44-1BBE-4694-83F6-9CF437CFC53F.jpeg

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't taper and don't hem. If they aren't what you're looking for then try another maker or cut.

Fatigues usually work with the whole range of casual footwear. Go nuts.
I just feel like they’re too baggy for boots no? I think they’ll look cool with sneakers... not sure if I got any boots that they’d go well with due to color + baggyness

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just feel like they’re too baggy for boots no? I think they’ll look cool with sneakers... not sure if I got any boots that they’d go well with due to color + baggyness

If that's how you feel, then don't wear them with boots or get another cut.

Phullyman

Reaction score

I posted a fit on WAYWT with my olive slims with boots. I cuffed em 3 times

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted a fit on WAYWT with my olive slims with boots. I cuffed em 3 times
These aren’t slims. They’re the US Army version. My thighs don’t fit in the slim ones

they look really good on you tho ?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think those would work with boots. Obviously depends on the boot, but general workwear styles seem like they'd go naturally with those. Military-style boots, Viberg service boots, Alden Indy, etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hard to see what the pants look like in that light and at that camera angle. But if they're olive fatigues, I think that style looks better a little fuller anyway.

If the cut feels a bit full to you, try pin rolling the bottom. Not too tight, obviously, but just as a way to give the pants some shape. I find that sometimes helps bridge the gap between the idea of 2010-era slim fatigues and a slightly fuller cut now. It helps give the leg line some shape.

MeatFish

Reaction score
Orslow regular fit fatigues are ideal. The leg opening works well with nearly all footwear, loagers, boots, laceups, thong flip flops idk.
The fit looks good as is, especially with all of the fuller fitting clothing you’ve Recently Purchased.
Just cuff them to adjust to the desired length/visual weight of the shoe.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads