• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gurakshun

Reaction score
90CC26DE-9F47-4651-AA8E-CE3866804D9A.png

Thoughts on this Kaptain Sunshine smock from last season? I’ve always been partial to things like this but I’ve never ever seen anyone wearing these kinds of clothes in public haha

more pictures here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it pretty non-controversial, simple vintage mil/outdoors style. Might be bit difficult to style though if you don't commit to the look.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also wondering how wearable these would be...

OXFORD_KC0_1_5dd574dc-54fa-462e-875c-a8ae701a86de_900x.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I find the pants to very "gimmicky", although I liked the brands entire slow fashion agenda. The slippers are nice, although very specific.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pants look a whole lot like By Walid, not just the patchwork-ness which would be pretty generic but the fabrics and the way the patches are put together.

SimModa

Reaction score
Stoffa has always been on my radar for their MTO casual wear, just can't afford it yet. Agyesh, definitely has an eye for interesting textiles and fit. However, I simply don't know what to make of the patchwork stuff. Maybe its the large panels that throw me off. Definitely reminds me of By Walid like @oulipien said. Still, If you love them go for it.

The chindi coats are my personal favorites from the new collection.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoffa has always been on my radar for their MTO casual wear, just can't afford it yet. Agyesh, definitely has an eye for interesting textiles and fit. However, I simply don't know what to make of the patchwork stuff. Maybe its the large panels that throw me off. Definitely reminds me of By Walid like @oulipien said. Still, If you love them go for it.

The chindi coats are my personal favorites from the new collection.

The chindi coats are great, and if I already didn't have more coats than I knew what to do with I'd probably be down for one. They are a bit loud however. I feel like the patchwork pants would be a bit easier to wear and would fit well with the rest of my wardrobe. I have a thing for patchwork. :p

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really dislike those patchwork trousers from Stoffa - both the patchwork paneling and the cut.

There are much better makers of patchwork trousers out there. I would not go to a CM trousers guy for patchwork. It’s like going to a CM shoe brand for casual trainers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads