Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

2. stylebeast

stylebeast Member

APC Military jacket
    [​IMG]
    or Apolis field jacket
    [​IMG]
    Or something else, similar style? Some searches turned up some old sf apolis hate, bad brand?

I don't know if it's the picture but APC looks overly shiny. Not digging it.

3. zheeto

zheeto Member

I need a new pair of jeans with a bit more leg space than APC... what about these? (HF)

[​IMG]

4. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-AUTH-MARGIEL...item25620ec24e

are these even legit?

pretty sure they are, the only fake margielas i've ever seen are the white highs and they were on some obscure korean site.. doubt they'd ever fake that ugly colourway

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

pretty sure they are, the only fake margielas i've ever seen are the white highs and they were on some obscure korean site.. doubt they'd ever fake that ugly colourway

if those mmms are fake, they went to the extra length to actually get everything perfect. they look similar to the elephant nutsack gats and everyone knows what those look like....

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

What would lead you to think they're fake?

7. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

the price i'm guessing? margiela gats used to sit on sales racks in most sizes for ~$200 a bit over a year ago.. i guess it's rare to see them that cheap these days

8. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Price mainly, but yeah that color isnt winning me over

9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

[​IMG]

The Kenton Sorenson dopp over at Context. I do need a dopp kit.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

[​IMG]
    KKA obviously. They're expensive and fit is hard to gauge but if I got it right it would be a huge piece.

You have a very varied wardrobe. On the one hand, you have a lot of McQueen and such, on the other hand you buy stuff like this, as well as Guidi boots etc. I understand alot of your tailored stuff is for work, but do you feel like you have 3 or 4 seperate wardrobes? please don't take this as getting into the whole designer mashup orgy bitchfest we got into a while ago, I'm just thinking i'm gonna replace my Butteros with Trickers, get rid of all my raw denim (i never wear it anyway) and just buy Epaulet pants, ervell for summer and maybe a bit of dries for winter if i can get my hands on it.

11. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Should I get a SNS Herning Stark? Knits in my closet are lacking, and they look like they are thick and warm. What would I wear a cardigan like this with? Tee & Chinos? Denim?

I'm thinking grey or navy...

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^Yes.
    Not a tee though, a long sleeve shirt. Otherwise its a very versatile cardigan. Navy is always the best option.

13. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I understand alot of your tailored stuff is for work, but do you feel like you have 3 or 4 seperate wardrobes?
    At this point? 3 wardrobes. 1. Work (BBBF mostly, some Ervell). I wear this stuff 4 days out of most weeks. 2. Normal stuff that I don't have to think about (W+H, SNS, Jil, Lanvins, TOJ, Nom de Guerre etc). I wear this stuff to work before changing into the work stuff and change back afterwards. 3. Darker version of military stuff that is fairly directional (KKA, Guidi, Drkshdw, some Geller etc). I wear this stuff when I feel like it. That said is a certain amount of crossover between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3. Like I might wear a Jil knit with a BBBF suit, or ervell pants with Lanvins, and I might wear a NDG knit with the apocalyptic-military oriented stuff, or NiCo boots with W+H stuff. Obviously though no crossover between 1 and 3.

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member