• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

stylebeast

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mreggen
APC Military jacket
7078934-origpic-7075da.jpg_0_0_100_100_375_562_100.jpg

or Apolis field jacket
apolis-field-jacket-model1.jpg

Or something else, similar style? Some searches turned up some old sf apolis hate, bad brand?

I don't know if it's the picture but APC looks overly shiny. Not digging it.

zheeto

Reaction score
I need a new pair of jeans with a bit more leg space than APC... what about these? (HF)

hoVGf.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryanayrb
pretty sure they are, the only fake margielas i've ever seen are the white highs and they were on some obscure korean site.. doubt they'd ever fake that ugly colourway

if those mmms are fake, they went to the extra length to actually get everything perfect. they look similar to the elephant nutsack gats and everyone knows what those look like....

bryanayrb

Reaction score
the price i'm guessing? margiela gats used to sit on sales racks in most sizes for ~$200 a bit over a year ago.. i guess it's rare to see them that cheap these days

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
vrvWK.jpg

KKA obviously. They're expensive and fit is hard to gauge but if I got it right it would be a huge piece.

You have a very varied wardrobe. On the one hand, you have a lot of McQueen and such, on the other hand you buy stuff like this, as well as Guidi boots etc. I understand alot of your tailored stuff is for work, but do you feel like you have 3 or 4 seperate wardrobes? please don't take this as getting into the whole designer mashup orgy bitchfest we got into a while ago, I'm just thinking i'm gonna replace my Butteros with Trickers, get rid of all my raw denim (i never wear it anyway) and just buy Epaulet pants, ervell for summer and maybe a bit of dries for winter if i can get my hands on it.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I get a SNS Herning Stark? Knits in my closet are lacking, and they look like they are thick and warm. What would I wear a cardigan like this with? Tee & Chinos? Denim?

I'm thinking grey or navy...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yes.
Not a tee though, a long sleeve shirt. Otherwise its a very versatile cardigan. Navy is always the best option.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
I understand alot of your tailored stuff is for work, but do you feel like you have 3 or 4 seperate wardrobes?
At this point? 3 wardrobes. 1. Work (BBBF mostly, some Ervell). I wear this stuff 4 days out of most weeks. 2. Normal stuff that I don't have to think about (W+H, SNS, Jil, Lanvins, TOJ, Nom de Guerre etc). I wear this stuff to work before changing into the work stuff and change back afterwards. 3. Darker version of military stuff that is fairly directional (KKA, Guidi, Drkshdw, some Geller etc). I wear this stuff when I feel like it. That said is a certain amount of crossover between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3. Like I might wear a Jil knit with a BBBF suit, or ervell pants with Lanvins, and I might wear a NDG knit with the apocalyptic-military oriented stuff, or NiCo boots with W+H stuff. Obviously though no crossover between 1 and 3.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads