Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. xM.

xM. Senior member

Should I keep and hem these plum jeans,

[​IMG]

trade them for these gradient ones

[​IMG]

or just sell' em?

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

If that's you, I like the plum that length. What is it?

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Do not hem those. Do not. If you are going to hem them, sell them instead, at least then someone else can use them. If you hem them you will ruin them and then you'll end up wanting to sell them in a few months anyway but they'll be ruined. Then I'll open up a thread in B&S titled "Geller Plum Jeans" and see that you hemmed them and be forced to come to wherever that snowy locale might be and decapitate you.

If you trade them for the gradients, same thing applies there.

I almost had an aneurysm recently opening a thread in B&S where someone was selling his Dauphins which had been hemmed to a 30 inseam. Fuck. You.

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

tell em why you mad jd.

5. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

^^^Geller I think.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

tell em why you mad jd.
    It always annoys me when people do that. I'm like [​IMG] I would totally have bought those if you hadn't maimed them; if you were going to do that, best be sure you want to KEEP them!

Same thing with Diors. Like why are you buying Diors if you want them short hemmed.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

should I kop...

some new footwear (suede bucks)

or a +j military jacket?

Right now my footwear is white vans and ll bean boots and my outerwear consists of an ll bean wool overshirt, an oversized gap utility jacket, and my snowboarding jacket which I rarely wear casually.

8. xM.

xM. Senior member

I considered hemming because I'm like a 29-30 inseam and they look really silly stacked 35", but I'll probably either trade or sell.

9. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

should I kop...

some new footwear (suede bucks)

or a +j military jacket?

Don't buy suede bucks, I already told you about that. That shit is going to date so rapidly. +J sounds like a better option, but on the other hand have you considered not buying a military jacket? What about a cool blazer or something? I just don't like how shapeless most military jackets are.

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

eh, I don't see myself wearing a blazer that often though and I'm trying to limit my purchases to stuff that I'm going to wear more than once a week, at least. The only thing with buying more outerwear is that it is almost the time of year where I won't be wearing it anyway (how heavy is the +j military jacket?). If you don't like bucks, what kind of footwear do you like? For reference I'm a big fan of the kvc/scott/mf aesthetic.

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

keep the plum jeans. get your tailor to fix the bumcrotch area. as all geller jeans seem to have bumcrotch fit issues...

ps gradient jeans are uggggg

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

Do not hem those. Do not. If you are going to hem them, sell them instead, at least then someone else can use them. If you hem them you will ruin them and then you'll end up wanting to sell them in a few months anyway but they'll be ruined. Then I'll open up a thread in B&S titled "Geller Plum Jeans" and see that you hemmed them and be forced to come to wherever that snowy locale might be and decapitate you.
    this right here. Don't be a fucker and screw up your shit xM. I am the same inseam wise. I just go with the stacks, tuck, cuff, or cuff inward.

13. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

eh, I don't see myself wearing a blazer that often though and I'm trying to limit my purchases to stuff that I'm going to wear more than once a week, at least. The only thing with buying more outerwear is that it is almost the time of year where I won't be wearing it anyway (how heavy is the +j military jacket?). If you don't like bucks, what kind of footwear do you like? For reference I'm a big fan of the kvc/scott/mf aesthetic.

For something closer to the mf look, I Rachel Comey oxfords, like the Derringer or Mateba. Maybe Paul Smith if you can find something you like. What would you be wearing your shoes with?

15. xM.

xM. Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys, even if it was needlessly hostile.