Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

Thinking about kopping a Patrik Ervell collegiate jacket from FW10, as they're on sale and it seems like a good light jacket for spring

I've found it steeply marked down in my size in two colors (different stores)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really have liked almost all of Ervell's stuff I've seen people wearing in WAYWT -- so what do you think? Should I kop, and if so, which color?

Also, important note, the blue is marked down to $200 shipped, while the off-white is down to $163 shipped.

2. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i like the navy more. think you should pay the extra 37 dollars for the navy if you do decide to kop.

3. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

i like the navy more. think you should pay the extra 37 dollars for the navy if you do decide to kop.

this is my feeling so far

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

+1 although neither really appeal to me.

5. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

+1 although neither really appeal to me.

Any recommendations for alternatives in a similar vein?

I'm on the lookout for lightweight casual jackets and coats for spring. Ervell gets a ton of love here and I do like most of the fits I see his stuff in so I was considering, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

My budget is pretty tight right now for building up spring wardrobe, and this jacket would probably blow about 1/4 to 1/5 of it.

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

My budget is pretty tight right now for building up spring wardrobe, and this jacket would probably blow about 1/4 to 1/5 of it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can take a couple of years building a wardrobe, best to just buy the stuff you think is best.

Do you know how Ervell fits on you? Can you return the jacket if you don't like it.

7. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can take a couple of years building a wardrobe, best to just buy the stuff you think is best.

Do you know how Ervell fits on you? Can you return the jacket if you don't like it.

No, it's final sale, and I don't own any of his stuff. Although I do figure that I could probably recoup all/most of the cost selling it here/on e-bay if it doesn't fit. That might be a bad assumption though.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

No, it's final sale, and I don't own any of his stuff. Although I do figure that I could probably recoup all/most of the cost selling it here/on e-bay if it doesn't fit. That might be a bad assumption though.

Mellowfellow posted a great fit pic with that jacket recently, I really like the oversized big arms look but make sure that's what you're looking for.

10. nerazzurri

nerazzurri Senior member

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

RO intarsia...err shit I dunno both are awesome, lol

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

RO Intarsia Oiled Calf
    Attachment 60570

vs

Julius Moto
    Attachment 60571

if you don't get the julius, pm me deets please?

13. APK

APK Senior member

I don't think Rick or Julius is really congruent with what you usually wear, RKD. Are you sure you're not just getting swept up in all the glowing praise for these leathers?

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

That Rick is pretty damned directional too with the collar. The Julius is a bit more versatile IMO. Both are pretty awesome though.

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Those JLs are beautiful. If you have the means to, you should kop

The JLs are amazing, but it depends on what your budget and priorites are. Personally I'd allocate more money on a nicer suit and get "acceptable" shoes (like Santoni or something) rather than wear awesome shoes with a so-so suit. But if you have the means to do both, then I say go for it.

I appreciate the feedback guys. My current budget doesn't justify instakop but definitely after I get rid of my regret winter purchases ... being a noob with no notion of fit with lots of spare cash during sales is the worse thing that can ever happen to anyone [​IMG]