Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Black techno hi's are awesome though.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'd skip completely in that case, nothing worse than looking down at an okay version of what you actually want. [​IMG]

That is true as well but it depends if you can live with the difference.
    I mean sure I'd want an oiled calf stooges but if a lamb version comes along at a good price, I'd have no regret getting it at all.

3. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

That is true as well but it depends if you can live with the difference.
    I mean sure I'd want an oiled calf stooges but if a lamb version comes along at a good price, I'd have no regret getting it at all.

Yeah, personal preferance but I know what I'd do. I want a pair of the black distressed in 41. [​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah, personal preferance but I know what I'd do. I want a pair of the black distressed in 41. [​IMG]

I think thats SQs size, go hunt him down for em. You have a better chance of getting them that way than waiting for a used pair to go on sale. [​IMG]

5. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

I think thats SQs size, go hunt him down for em. You have a better chance of getting them that way than waiting for a used pair to go on sale. [​IMG]

Don't even know who he is. [​IMG]

I saw a pair on B+S in that size listed as IC, PM'd seller for ballpark range. Answer - I was really hoping for around $1000. [​IMG]

Kopping power is pretty low since I picked up my Velcro hi's anyways.

Is there a difference between the mens and womens His?

6. g transistor

SQ said there are very minor differences, but my girlfriend has the tech hi greens and they just look like smaller versions of my blacks. Admittedly I didn't look very closely

7. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

SQ said there are very minor differences, but my girlfriend has the tech hi greens and they just look like smaller versions of my blacks. Admittedly I didn't look very closely

Look closer and let me know [​IMG]

If they're the same I can get the taupe or black ones in a 41, not for cheap though but it's nice to know I can source them.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The main difference is the material so look and feel-wise are pretty different. The tech/cf material is pretty obvious and makes the shoe look "clean" while the distressed has a bit more edginess, almost like a DBSS like quality. Here's SQ's pair:
    [​IMG]

Pretty big difference already from the regular smooth leather/patent version:
    [​IMG]

9. g transistor

I was talking about the differences in women's and men's, not techs vs distressed

10. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

The main difference is the material so look and feel-wise are pretty different. The tech/cf material is pretty obvious and makes the shoe look "clean" while the distressed has a bit more edginess, almost like a DBSS like quality. Here's SQ's pair:
    [​IMG]
    [/IMG]

See, those look like these:

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/038B52550002.htm

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I was talking about the differences in women's and men's, not techs vs distressed

[​IMG]
    never mind then.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They're look different because of the material. Look at the close up view, the material is textured leather not distressed. The windows on the mid-part of the shoes are also mesh/netted material, SQ's is pure leather. These are details that are much more noticeable in person.

13. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

They're look different because of the material. Look at the close up view, the material is textured leather not distressed. The windows on the mid-part of the shoes are also mesh/netted material, SQ's is pure leather. These are details that are much more noticeable in person.

Thanks for the reply man, small picture and my defective eyes don't help.

14. g transistor

Those aren't the distressed though. There's that version, the smooth leather + patent that RFX posted, then there's also the tech version which is basically the one RFX posted but the patent parts of shoe has hatching (like the ones you posted).

I don't think you can get distressed anywhere anymore. There are small differences/colors in the available high tops every year.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Here's a giant pic of the pair you posted, you can see the details easily and how the the textured leather looks like canvas.
    [​IMG]
    Those aren't the distressed though. There's that version, the smooth leather + patent that RFX posted, then there's also the tech version which is basically the one RFX posted but the patent parts of shoe has hatching (like the ones you posted).
    I know I have a pic of the tech hi's somewhere, I just can't find it right now.