Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

A, B or C? or none?

A if you want an old man's view.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I like those (although I also generally like cowboy boots and variations thereupon, so maybe I'm not to be trusted).

How does the zipper work? It looks like it doesn't go all the way to the top because of the pull tab.

The top of the shaft is already wide enough to insert your foot, so only the center of the shaft needs to be opened. My Cavalli boots work the same way, no troubles.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

The top of the shaft is already wide enough to insert your foot, so only the center of the shaft needs to be opened. My Cavalli boots work the same way, no troubles.

Makes sense; the only point on my Justins that makes it kind of difficult to put them on and take them off is right where the shaft meets the top of the foot. Looks like the zippers would eliminate that issue.

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

A, B or C? or none? A [​IMG][​IMG]
    Just so ya know this knit is pretty short, and the hand on it is very rough and scratchy; not comfortable at all. Its also super thin. I didn't like it at all in person even though the design is nice. None of the Junya knits I handled felt good at all

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes it looks short and that's an issue for me. B seems a little longer on the model.

Your comment on material is saddening. I imagine the ones with cable knits sleeves or panels feel better though?

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Yes it looks short and that's an issue for me. B seems a little longer on the model.

Your comment on material is saddening. I imagine the ones with cable knits sleeves or panels feel better though?

I dunno about those. I tried on A, which has the same material as C, and a fair isle that I really liked the design of but again, didn't feel nice. I've never seen B in person so I can't comment

7. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

Uggs. For men. Yes I said it. I got a fake pair as a joke from target and they may be the most comfortable and useful things I have ever worn. I promise to never tuck anythign into them.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^yes dude by all means cop and post

Junya knits aren't supposed to feel soft.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Uggs. For men. Yes I said it. I got a fake pair as a joke from target and they may be the most comfortable and useful things I have ever worn. I promise to never tuck anythign into them.

fuck no. my suitemates (males) have them. fuck that shit.

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

^yes dude by all means cop and post

Junya knits aren't supposed to feel soft.

Maybe, but they shouldn't feel bad either.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

GDL those look like totally different aesthetics, A&C vs B. Given who you are clothes wise I'd go with A or C, fit obviously being determinative.

12. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Should get A. B is ugly and C has a hood?

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

GDL those look like totally different aesthetics, A&C vs B. Given who you are clothes wise I'd go with A or C, fit obviously being determinative.

Surprising. I'd say that B is closest to my normal casual style. I also think it's the best colors and front/back pattern combo. I just don't like the hem style.

Clearly, C, being a hooded sweater, is the farthest away from my style. But I do like the way the fair isle is used. Same for A but it seems so short and I'm 6'2".

Also how can these three sweaters from the same designer, same brand, same collection be "totally different aesthetics" ? I think they are all very consistent with one another.

Thanks for all the comments btw - if these weren't so damn expensive, I would have already taken the plunge with one or the other. But the sale prices are still ludicrous right now.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Also how can these three sweaters from the same designer, same brand, same collection be "totally different aesthetics" ?
    Sir I direct you to Alexander McQueen FW11 collection.

http://alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/c...1_aw_mens.aspx

I guess from what I've seen you post the colours in B don't jive. Maybe I just have the wrong impression of your fits but they seem pretty sharp (in the colour sense) and saturated. Looking at it from my own perspective I'd wear A and C with any of my Lanvins or Rafs, but not B, which I could see under my NiCo trench or Yigal bomber with boots.

15. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

none of those are good pieces from this season, it was all about outerwear and pants as usual, knit game was lacking imo. If you want a knit get the real deal from f/w 09 off of yahoo.