1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Aren't you in college?

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

LOL at buying a W&H hoodie that you would never wear in public. Just get a snuggie.

3. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Why in the hell would anyone be embarrassed to wear a hoodie in public?

Man, I thought I was strange with some of my 'rules' to what I will and won't wear in public, but a hoodie is def not on my list of 'won't', and doubt it ever will be!

Oh, and I am in my thirties and don't find it at all juvenile, worn in the correct context. (ballgame, running to the store, dive bar with friends, etc)

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

just saying, but if you have not ever owned the w+h tiger fleece hoodie then you would not understand... best hoodie I ever owned. Comfy, stays in shape, solid construction, thick and soft, etc. It is not a fashion piece, but great lounge wear etc. w+h hoodie compared to a snuggie? Have you ever felt the two side by side? I have (0)

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Have you tried the W&H snuggie?

6. Gatsbee

Gatsbee Senior member

Mid/High Top Sneakers seem a lot more juvenile to me, but they seem pretty widely accepted here.. weird standards

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Wait, is every Urban Outfitters carrying W+H and the like? Because they have killer sales, and oh man...[​IMG]

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Wait, is every Urban Outfitters carrying W+H and the like? Because they have killer sales, and oh man...[​IMG]
    I didn't believe it at first and tried calling out Fellow Linguist, but turns out its true. However, only available (per my research) via their UK site and limited availability... I was surprised though. I felt silly for trying to call Fellow Linguist out for BS'ing, because lo and behold.. [​IMG] theyve come a long way since since just local CA shops..

9. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

lol slack's the man

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

UK's UO has always stocked good stuff. different stuff from US ones.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Yea, I know the UK store used to stock Grenson's.

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

UK's UO has always stocked good stuff. different stuff from US ones.

yeah UK UO doesn't even really count.... they're completely different from the US ones and stock nicer stuff in general, not just the W+H

13. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

drunk slack tide is the best thing to happen to sf since I've joined.
    You are the most physically pathetic and comically self-unaware POS to happen to sf since I've joined. [​IMG]

14. tcwalter07

tcwalter07 Senior member

I saw this shirt and liked it, but I am not 100% on the pattern and would like a second opinion. My current shirts are Brooks Brothers Extra Slim oxfords, some J Crew shirts, and a couple BoO shirts. Anyone have any opinions on it? It is Hyden Yoo. http://cdn1.gilt.com/images/share/up..._1307742885000

15. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

16. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

^^^ My vote is # 2. always like the cap toe.

17. aether

aether Senior member

all white authentics (sup synth) to go with my plaid comme shorts and wife beat for poolside proclivities?

sorry man, that sounds horrible. change the wife beater to a roomy white tank and you'll be way better off.

18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Expensive jackets aside, how well has yours held up thus far? I'm not planning on wearing it every day, but it's definitely going to be worth the $67 with how often it gets worn in the cooler months, assuming I end up buying it. Your canadian tux fit pic is the main inspiration, per say, I was referring to, by the way. I'm unsure of how you wear yours, but I'm planning on breaking up the dark-on-dark look with a bright plaid button-up, or t-shirt and white Purcells. Thanks for clearing up my concerns regarding soaking my jeans, as well.

Mine's held up fine, but I haven't put that much wear into it. I've been wearing my SExDBxSxS contest jeans pretty much every day, and I'll do the Canadian tux thing, but only with two different colors (e.g., black and indigo).

And yeah, at $67 (I'm pretty sure that's what I paid as well), you can't go wrong.

Also, if you're buying from levisstore.com, they have an awesome return policy. I'd worn a different jacket I bought there a couple of times when I noticed an irregularity in the construction, and they sent me a new one before I'd even mailed the first one back (with no shipping charges either way).

[​IMG]

$132.. seems like a lot for a hoodie.. but I like it a lot.. idk

I like it. I think that's kind of a cool color.

19. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

^^^ My vote is # 2. always like the cap toe.

agreed, second ones look awesome.

20. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

You are the most physically pathetic and comically self-unaware POS to happen to sf since I've joined. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]