Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So no one wants to throw a man a bone and give some input on that sweater I posted?

http://eboutique.maisonmartinmargiel...A/areaid//sts/

They have this in a size 6 and I heard they run half a size small...? Which would be great for me...

I like them and have my eye on the brown version, but was a bit unsure on sizing myself. I think they would look great paired with dress slacks. I just don't know how the quality is either though I would guess nice considering the designer.

[​IMG]
    ??

I like these and Vanishing Elephant footwear in general, just not sure I could pull those off myself. If you think you can pull those off with your wardrobe I'd go for it. I have the leather desert boots and I think they are a nice pair of shoes, especially for Gilt's price. They aren't the highest quality, but they are better than your average mall brand garbage out there and less expensive than the low to mid tier brands with similar appeal.

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

i like the shoes, but do they fit your aesthetic? they're on gilt right now rite?
    yeah, they're on gilt.

Yeah, I think they'd go w/ my aesthetic (mostly BoO, ervell, baron-wells, etc). Thinking they'd be useful this spring

3. Meis

Meis Senior member

I like these and Vanishing Elephant footwear in general, just not sure I could pull those off myself. If you think you can pull those off with your wardrobe I'd go for it. I have the leather desert boots and I think they are a nice pair of shoes, especially for Gilt's price. They aren't the highest quality, but they are better than your average mall brand garbage out there and less expensive than the low to mid tier brands with similar appeal.

yeah, they're not ultra amazing quality.. but nice for $99. I have the leather desert boots too as well as a pair of the derbies

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

yeah, they're not ultra amazing quality.. but nice for $99. I have the leather desert boots too as well as a pair of the derbies

I contemplated the blue suedes for spring time fits myself, just not sure. If I was the rolled hem type, I'd probably buy them myself, but sounds like they'd fit in there for you.

I have the grey leather oxfords in mind myself right now.

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

if you don't like the toe why would you even consider buying them?
    Looking to see if ppl have suggestions on similar shoes. I like everything but the toe. Maybe this was the wrong thread

6. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^ Could've asked that outright in your OP. That, or posted in Small Questions. Me? I'd recommend a pair of Generic Man Navals.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

8. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

9. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

should i buy these? i hear the brand's quality (Heutchy) is horrific. but it's marked down from $550 to $275. and I need at least one pair of garden-variety black boots in my wardrobe. are they worth it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I don't know who said it was "horrific" but my red Heutchy are very decently made and use some good crust leather, unlike most fashion dress shoes using corrected leather.

Visible scuffs and scratches are perfectly normal on good crust leather, whereas low quality corrected grain shoes would not show scuffs or marks.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i'll take your word for it but "crust leather" is a really gross sounding thing

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yea I know but think that you spread some cream and wax on that crust...

14. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

thanks guys!

gdl: i had in mind this, this and some discussion in this thread... but thanks anyway. probably gonna kop.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I don't know who said it was "horrific" but my red Heutchy are very decently made and use some good crust leather, unlike most fashion dress shoes using corrected leather. Visible scuffs and scratches are perfectly normal on good crust leather, whereas low quality corrected grain shoes would not show scuffs or marks.
    where did you get yours? i bought a pair of heutchys from gilt and they were some of the worst shoes i've ever handled, but then again, they could have been made for gilt [​IMG] edit: haha just saw you quoted me. i had a pair of derbies that were pretty bad. returned immediately speaking of which, some of the missoni items were pretty tempting today. i had this in my cart, but decided not to cop. might regret: [​IMG]