• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
it doesn't matter what you like/dislike

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
I returned this one ... it's too big to lug around everyday, as it measures around 22" long if you take into account the pockets at the ends. It's also redder than it appears in the picture. I can see it for use as a casual weekender if you do a lot of road trips; I already have two bags for this purpose so couldn't justify a third one.

worship.gif
thank you for the really helpful reply.
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have that margiela bag in black leather with gold zips and it's magnificent.

However the version on yoox is not pleasing to the eye colorwise having seen it in person last year.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I wish yoox had better/more photos. Oh well. I don't mind the color from what I can see, but the size is what worried(s) me. I've moved on. Still searching for the perfect every day/1 night overnight bag.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's a replica of a 70s french duffle, it's a bit longer than a standard duffle but the height and width are much smaller making it appear elongated yet it's quite compact looking. It really isn't a big bag just the volume is shifted. I'd say it's about average size, good for a weekend getaway really. My other duffle is at least 1.5x this one. Btw, this was 2k new.

The leather is stiff on this. I also have an ink blue version of it and it came in a cowboy brownish color that was beautiful in addition to this one which was my least favorite but if you like the color you won't be disappointed with the bag itself unless you are expecting a buttery soft bag. The design is pure dopeness.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
It's a replica of a 70s french duffle, it's a bit longer than a standard duffle but the height and width are much smaller making it appear elongated yet it's quite compact looking. It really isn't a big bag just the volume is shifted. I'd say it's about average size, good for a weekend getaway really. My other duffle is at least 1.5x this one. Btw, this was 2k new.

The leather is stiff on this. I also have an ink blue version of it and it came in a cowboy brownish color that was beautiful in addition to this one which was my least favorite but if you like the color you won't be disappointed with the bag itself unless you are expecting a buttery soft bag. The design is pure dopeness.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
you are talking me into it. Any chance of some photos of yours?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have to ship the ink blue one so I will snap some pics just for you this week.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I have to ship the ink blue one so I will snap some pics just for you this week.

Oh, don't worry about it. I'm out to Mexico on Wednesday morning, so I won't be online for 10 days or so.

Might order before I leave...

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Jet you sold ink mmm? That colourway crushes the yoox one but Moo yoox one still looks pretty damned good to me. Would mesh with that moto you've been wearing.

Are there photos of this bag in other colors that are better than on Yoox?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads