Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

can't tell if it's any good since you're wearing it open with pretty incongruent clothes
    Here is a pic of it closed. I didn't include one before since I'm not planning on wearing it that way. As far as the rest of the clothes, no matter how I tried adjusting the light or the flash, the blazer always came out completely blacked out. So instead of trying to do a real fit I just went with contrasting colors so the shape of the blazer would stand out. [​IMG]

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

^please, no.

5. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

thanks, but any explanation.. i dont necessarily have to WEAR them with denim, i think they're pretty shoes after my <3

6. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I like the blazer with longer arms dtmt.

7. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I'm debating if I should keep the ankle boot since I'm not really a big fan of the color. It's a light brown leather with this season's white wash treatment which comes off as grey to me. Also, I just picked up a Paul Smith Cukor (Yorks) in Smoke Black and it works for a smarter look such as work and casual. I was hoping to pick up some Motos or W+H service boots as my casual, rugged boot. Not sure if I can pull these shoes off... Thoughts?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Did you get these from thecorner or MMM shop or somewhere else? Does the white coating eventually wear off (like the paper applique GATs) or does it seem more permanent? I quite like these but have been waiting to see if they get discounted further. Also considering PS Timur which is more of a true grey color, but I feel like the strap/buckle detail makes these more interesting.

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

really like the boots. I think you can probably do something more interesting with them than raw jeans (?) tho

9. genericman

genericman Senior member

Did you get these from thecorner or MMM shop or somewhere else? Does the white coating eventually wear off (like the paper applique GATs) or does it seem more permanent? I quite like these but have been waiting to see if they get discounted further. Also considering PS Timur which is more of a true grey color, but I feel like the strap/buckle detail makes these more interesting.
    i picked them up from the corner and the white coating is the same as the gats. they start to rub off a bit, but not to the point where it comes of the brown leathers. i didnt bother to rub too much as that would ruin the treatment. i have pair of cukors and those are amazing. works perfectly for casual and work. these mmm are a bit too light for my liking, and doesnt seem to work with my aesthetics. i was hoping this to work with trousers, but they are just too bulky/clunky. they remind of this when i wear them...well maybe not that exaggerated: [​IMG] in all, i find that MMM boots (such as the zip ups and south french "beautiful" boots) look better in pictures than worn. maybe it's because I have more of a minimalist, prep aesthetic. maybe i dont have enough swagger....it's probably that.
    really like the boots. I think you can probably do something more interesting with them than raw jeans (?) tho
    thoughts? these do look better with slim wool trousers, button up, and some large outerwear say trench/chesterfield/leather much like the official lookbook. i was hoping for some versatility, but i think the button gives it too much edge for a work setting

10. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

[​IMG]

to buy or not?

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

yep, esp if you're a 40. at barneys theyre 130uawroijfaliwjrfpoiajwef cheap.

12. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

yep, esp if you're a 40. at barneys theyre 130uawroijfaliwjrfpoiajwef cheap.

lol are they in the store? cus i dont see them at the website.

13. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I'm debating if I should keep the ankle boot since I'm not really a big fan of the color. It's a light brown leather with this season's white wash treatment which comes off as grey to me.
    Also, I just picked up a Paul Smith Cukor (Yorks) in Smoke Black and it works for a smarter look such as work and casual. I was hoping to pick up some Motos or W+H service boots as my casual, rugged boot. Not sure if I can pull these shoes off... Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Ditch the gray ankle boots for a pair of black W+H service boots. Those ankle boots radiate an odd upscale/mature/formal stuffiness that I would find off-putting in most casual fits. Guarantee you the service boot would look far better with those jeans in your pic.

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Here is a pic of it closed. I didn't include one before since I'm not planning on wearing it that way. As far as the rest of the clothes, no matter how I tried adjusting the light or the flash, the blazer always came out completely blacked out. So instead of trying to do a real fit I just went with contrasting colors so the shape of the blazer would stand out.

[​IMG]

The cut on that Raf blazer is extremely similar to Lad Musician blazers. I suspect if you pair it with some matching slim tapered trousers everything will come together and start to look sharp.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

lol are they in the store? cus i dont see them at the website.

looks like you missed out. as of yesterday (iirc) i think they were like $270.