• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

marly

Reaction score
Yeah those are my only things turning me away from them now isnthe toe on the wolverines and the plainess of the trickers. I want a lace up boot that is not too sleek because I have enough sleek shoes.

I'd get the Dayton service boots undistressed if I could get them right away. Might just keel on looking.

Originally Posted by bananananana
THose trickers aren't bad. You can't see from that angle, but the last is very blobby looking from up top. Not a fan of Trickers as a whole but they're ok, and in general, I think plain toe work boots are just really bland.

The wolverines are just ugly. Hate the bulbous looking toe.

I have no idea what the rest of your outfits look like, so don't know what to recommend. But I think brogues are much more interesting looking, or if you're looking for something cleaner looking, would recommend a chelsea or jodphur boot instead.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^shahshanshah

I was pretty disappointed with the mmm's in person. Theyre pretty unsubstantial looking. However, those boots look a little nicer overall but im not really feeling the sole. Maybe wait and pick up the mmm's when its not winter?

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1st pair of hi tops:
vHdbv.jpg
cwyNX.jpg
BG23p.jpg

?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage highs actually look decent when worn, I'd say just choose the color you would wear the most.

airblaster503

Reaction score
I have been debating those vintage hi's forever, if the sole was true white or black they would be nice but that off white is horrible

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
I don't have either reddish/brown boots or white sneakers--which comes first ?
2ePg1.jpg
02168M050001_3_2.jpg

Dude, those MMM are awesome. I have been fiending for those since they were released...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't think that would look good on you but I've liked it.

Surreal

Reaction score
I don't have a good blazer, all of them are too big for me.

I found this Prada blazer. It's slim fit and seems to fit me finally.

The pictures are not very good, but you get the general idea. Nothing special. Just a regular blazer. Oh and the price is only $120.

What do you think?

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sleeves are a little short, but that's a matter of preference, and otherwise the fit looks good. If the sleeves don't bother you, get it.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
shah what are the boots?

Heutchy but i went with painted white lows since i located them. better than all whites in my opinion since i wont have to keep them in pristine condition
sarcasm.gif

might still get the boots but too much footwear ......

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good choice sha. probably my favourite sneakers of all time. super versatile and yes, you dont have to worry about them. would take painted over all white anyday.

to the vintage sole, i had a pair of cp van zip ups (7 hole slip on) and the sole was off-white, its not noticeable in real life, and i rather liked the colour. if youre worried about the sole-dont.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads