Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

then i wont risk it i suppose... i always had a hankering for that shirt.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Attachment 56412 pre-distressed denim? i havent had pre distressed denim in a while, always raw. however i could never get to the point where my jeans look like this, should i go for it, or is it douchey like true religion? edit: and no i dont like how the pants are cuffed
    [​IMG]

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

i don't know about predistressed, but the way those fit in the ass looks terrible.

4. snake

snake Senior member

Distressed jeans can look good, but most do not. I like the way my Julius jeans are distressed, but I like them moreso for the fit than the treatment.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i kinda like the slouchy ass look[​IMG]

6. softy

softy Senior member

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

8. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

@chasingred nice response! thanks for the input.
    I'm not an SWD regular, for what it's worth, though I've been visiting this side of the board more. My advice is pretty rooted in MC logic. FWIW, here is a blue donegal that's very nice. The cut of Alden's tweed jacket is pretty classic, but I can understand if it seems less fashionable. I'm linking it more to showcase the color and fabric, which is blue donegal tweed. Personally, I like the fit of the jacket, and I think a slimmer, slightly shorter cut could make it more "fashion forward" and appropriate for a younger person, but those are stylistic decisions. Regardless, I think the lower buttoning point will show off your shirt more, and should you decide to wear one, a tie as well. Furthermore, depending on how tall you are, a lower buttoning point will make you seem tailer by accentuating vertical lines. Also, here is a long, long discussion we had over on MC about why brown jackets are better than shades of grey. Charcoal was dismissed by Foo. However, while I agree charcoal may not be as good as the basics (brown, navy, mid-greys), I think it can still work once you've got 5 or so jackets in your collection. Incidentally, the kind of brown I had in mind was this. If you're going for tweeds, you can easily find a Harris Tweed in that brown color for about $25-50. Any stylistic things - such as shortening the jacket or nipping the midsection - can be taken care of at a tailors. The cost of such a tailoring job will depend on exactly what you want, but you still shouldn't be looking at any more than 100-125 for such a jacket. Good luck.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

Distressed jeans can look good, but most do not. I like the way my Julius jeans are distressed, but I like them moreso for the fit than the treatment.

are they really heavy when you put them on?

10. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

no. and your still cheap. good luck with the pants, lol.

My still cheap what?

11. snake

snake Senior member

are they really heavy when you put them on?

They've got a good weight to them. The treatment they put it through makes them really soft and comfy to wear though.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

I can't wait for a pair. Dunno which to go for, though. Buying tops for now I think.

13. jakt

jakt Member

I am looking for a winter coat to wear over a suit. It's my first business coat and I prefer a modern and slim look. Should I buy this coat?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

What is your budget?