• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
these aren't bad, what are they?

Ok, I was low-level trolling with this one: Kenneth Cole Reaction. And they look totally decent, basically exactly what I was looking for in a hi-top. This forum has conditioned me against Kenneth Cole so thoroughly, though, that I can't escape the nagging suspicion that they'll disintegrate on contact when you take them out of the box. And I'd be moderately ashamed to own up to what they were if someone asked me about my shoes.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
reaction isn't total **** assuming you get a good discount.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
reaction isn't total **** assuming you get a good discount.

Nah, it's still total ****.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Ok, I was low-level trolling with this one: Kenneth Cole Reaction. And they look totally decent, basically exactly what I was looking for in a hi-top. This forum has conditioned me against Kenneth Cole so thoroughly, though, that I can't escape the nagging suspicion that they'll disintegrate on contact when you take them out of the box. And I'd be moderately ashamed to own up to what they were if someone asked me about my shoes.

They will be fine if they are not your go-tos, some forumers think regular people have wardrobes that crumble into dust every month.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
They will be fine if they are not your go-tos, some forumers think regular people have wardrobes that crumble into dust every month.

Good to know. I'll ruminate on it for a few days and look for other, more reputable options.

That said, if anyone wants to trade their pair of size 44 CP Training Boots for my pair of size 45 (tried on, but new in box), I will be eternally grateful.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Dope, but I like the "blue" even more. That's for me though, I could see you with the brown for sure
Yeah, I just don't see how that's even blue though...
redface.gif
grey maybe? Brown would be my color but my concerns are: stains with the "distressed" aka sueded leather, and size as an everyday carry-type thing. I would pretty much use it as a soft briefcase. BTW, did you get the shoes? Likey?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Yeah, I just don't see how that's even blue though...
redface.gif
grey maybe? Brown would be my color but my concerns are: stains with the "distressed" aka sueded leather, and size as an everyday carry-type thing. I would pretty much use it as a soft briefcase.

BTW, did you get the shoes? Likey?

Nah the receptionist who receives my packages was gone by the time I get home. tomorrow morning though! I think it's actually grey, yeah. i like distressed leather even more for things i'm going to abuse because i feel it hides a lot of the scratches i.e. you cant tell if it was intentional or not

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Nah the receptionist who receives my packages was gone by the time I get home. tomorrow morning though! I think it's actually grey, yeah. i like distressed leather even more for things i'm going to abuse because i feel it hides a lot of the scratches i.e. you cant tell if it was intentional or not

Ah.

Yeah, you might be right... but I don't want a way darker spot to appear because of some liquid spilling or something..

The close up says it's "Paris" on the label... is that where MMM bags are made, or is this made elsewhere?

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should be that worried about leather goods, especially one as large as that.
A small women's clutch? Yes. Handle with care.
A giant bag/briefcase? Meant to be damaged. Impossible to avoid, really.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Ah.

Yeah, you might be right... but I don't want a way darker spot to appear because of some liquid spilling or something..

The close up says it's "Paris" on the label... is that where MMM bags are made, or is this made elsewhere?

i believe a lot of mmm items say paris on the label because thats where the label is based. i dont think its indicative of where its made, i would guess italy since everything ive had from mmm is from there

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
The leather will look and feel extremely cheap in person, I've seen better looking/feeling pleather.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I say pass on the jacket I think you can do better unless you really love it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads