Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Thanks. It is a bit fashiony but I think I could make it work. Here is the back

anyone else?
    any input from the Persian Ghost?

I approve.

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

if not will pass it on to one of you! based on my other experience with yohji footwear it should be around a US 11...5? give or take.

Yeah, generally that's about right. I'm a US 10 and a sz 4 in most YY footwear. However, I think these particular ones from SS10 run at least a size big though.

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Yeah, generally that's about right. I'm a US 10 and a sz 4 in most YY footwear. However, I think these particular ones from SS10 run at least a size big though.

Gilt's website claims they are a 9.5, but that seems really really off since my 4 fits me and I'm also a 10-10.5. Really hoping they were only one size off and not two, but likely they are too big [​IMG]...

4. asobu

asobu Senior member

Did you get them in a 4? I haven't actually tried these on, so I might be wrong. If you're about 10.5 maybe they could fit you. Would be interested to hear about the sizing of these when you get them.

5. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Did you get them in a 4? I haven't actually tried these on, so I might be wrong. If you're about 10.5 maybe they could fit you. Would be interested to hear about the sizing of these when you get them.
    Nah got them in a 5 (which is why i found Gilt's sizing guide so strange)--since that was the smallest size on Gilt--will let you know.

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Isn't it pretty much common knowledge by now that you should never trust gilt's sizing?

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

Gilt's website claims they are a 9.5, but that seems really really off since my 4 fits me and I'm also a 10-10.5. Really hoping they were only one size off and not two, but likely they are too big [​IMG]...
    Gilt can go fuck themselves.....the ones I bought aren't size 10s.....they are like 11s, whatever size 5 actually is

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

Size 5 is actually, usually, sz 11.

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

[​IMG]

these aren't bad, what are they?

11. softy

softy Senior member

Thanks. It is a bit fashiony but I think I could make it work. Here is the back anyone else? any input from the Persian Ghost? [​IMG]
    don't follow your style too closely, but i say go for it if you think the dimensions will work for you. i do like the back view.
    [​IMG] geller flannel, idk if i really want to buy plaid right now but i kinda like the colour. donno if i can justify $200 on it though
    no
    thinking of this:http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...on/f0tiha-cs11 since i missed out on this: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/la..._t-shirt/31383 diff colour but still silky goodness
    not as appealing in this dark gray metallic color, imo silk weave can be highly contrasty like that, looks nicer in muted colors like the off white one. however it may work for your aesthetic, and you can post feedback in the LNT thread

12. ArteEtLabore14

ArteEtLabore14 Senior member

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

Try it on first. Also if the sleeves are too long and they do gimmicky working cuffs you will have the devil of a time shortening them (the sleeves). And make sure shade/texture is good, especially important with neutrals and versatile pieces.