• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

omnomdom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cote
MMM's
thumbs-up.gif

This is an easy decision, because zip Raf hi-top's are rather bad.

Yeah, I though the whole zip situation might be a bit gimmicky. But then again, it would be like having two pairs. However, I definitely need to have some Margiela's. Ideally these:
http://williamyan.com/storage/mmm_fw...=1245677746120
And ideally not for $700 or whatever they are.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WWM, feels its too big. Layering a thick shirt underneath. Sleeves seem urber long. Is the coat suppose to fit more like a blazer, little shorter?

wwm.jpg

Cote

Reaction score
Originally Posted by omnomdom
Yeah, I though the whole zip situation might be a bit gimmicky. But then again, it would be like having two pairs. However, I definitely need to have some Margiela's. Ideally these: http://williamyan.com/storage/mmm_fw...=1245677746120 And ideally not for $700 or whatever they are.
Not sure if you like either but there's few Raf's on sale atm. http://www.thecorner.com/item/YOOX/R...s/sr_tcsalesm3 - thecorner.com sale selection http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RAF+SI...r_previewmen80 -10% code does work

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what do you guys think about these MMM's? love the color and everything below the ankle, but the leg opening might be a bit too wide
puzzled.gif
44253946SL_13_F.jpg
44253946SL_13_r.jpg

scourage

Reaction score
^^^ those look really nice I think. don't know any thing about the quality. you could maybe ask the manufacturer for measurements of the leg opening.

... anyone have a thought on this http://www.bluefly.com/Monarchy-oliv...903/detail.fly

or experience with monarchy (quality wise and fit wise. I am a medium in some brands but heard they don't run as big)
I'm looking for a midweight stylish yet at least somewhat classic jacket to use for days when the real winter coat doesn't need to come out.

pruppert

Reaction score
Not a fan of that jacket. No idea on quality, but I think it has a bit too much going on. Lots, and lots of buttons i think. Plus trim, plus a belt, seems like way too much.

+1 on the MMM. Color is awesome, and the leg opening looks super pinched in those pictures/not representative of how they'd be worn.

ihatelucy

Reaction score
The MMM's are beautiful. I was actually ogling at them a few days ago because the color and finish on that boot look remarkable. Too bad I can never pull them off.

xM.

Reaction score
band of outsiders flannel
2cSFu.jpg
ervell button down
O6LVT.jpg
geller button down
KJctQ.jpg
i'm thinking i'll probably get the boo and geller but wouldnt mind some opinions

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Thoughts on these Denver Boots from BR? Which color do you like best?

262xemo.jpg

331egk3.jpg

I can get them for $80

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allcapitan
800 for boots?????? No f'in' way.

Invest in gold or silver.

Go on a 96 hour rampage in Tijuana.

Bang a new MILF/bored housewife bored shitless in vegas every night during new year's eve weekend.
But boots? Those boots????

It was at this point that your logic ceased making any sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads