Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Second are black but as MMM side zips go they suck imo.

2. genericman

genericman Senior member

similar in quality, workmenship, value? i believe ps and ndc are blake-rapid. Paul Smith Cukor vs. NDC Christophe V. [​IMG] [​IMG] Paul Smith Ricard (leather sole) vs NDC Sandro [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Ricards are the sexiest

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

palladiums are supposed to be rugged, they should fit in with what you need them for.
    for those who know of klaxon howl, matt had a vintage pair that the Israeli army wore...cool stuff.

in other boot news: ive recently purchased a pair of rag and bone mallory boots in blk nubuck, i like everything about them except that they are made in china. i dislike that oki-ni failed to pint it out, and forward stated that they are made in the usa, its more of a dislike on principal than the fact that they are made in china.

i would need something suitable for a boot tuck with jeans and trousers. the butteros would do the trick for both in my opinion but ive never had a pair and heard they run big. i wear a 42 in MMM should i get a 41. iirc "shoebox" wears a 42 in mmm and got a 40 in buttero? any input would be great.

I don't get the principle of not wearing things made in China. It just seems like you're keeping yourself from enjoying the boots you have and giving yourself an excuse to buy another pair. If the quality is fine just wear em and if it bothers you so much make sure you buy made in Italy next time.

I hate to be the jerk one but I don't understand your obsession with boot tuck. I think it takes a very specific kind of look and a very specific body type to do boot tucks well in the manner you're going for and you don't really have either. Keep trying if you really like the look but I feel like a lot of your looks would be greatly benefitted if you wore jeans with less extreme taper pulled over your boots.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

[​IMG]

Augusta horse leather... 800. Problem is they're not black. If they were black I would do it. I am waffling. Maybe I could dye them black or something.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. Cote

Cote Well-Known Member

ive recently purchased a pair of rag and bone mallory boots in blk nubuck, i like everything about them except that they are made in china. i dislike that oki-ni failed to pint it out, and forward stated that they are made in the usa, its more of a dislike on principal than the fact that they are made in china.
    The upside to R&B being made in China is that you're paying less for an excellent product, due to production costs being lower [​IMG]

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Don't do it if they're not what you really want
    This is kind of what I'm thinking. But if they can be easily dyed the colour I want they are perfect.

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

Augusta horse leather... 800. Problem is they're not black. If they were black I would do it. I am waffling. Maybe I could dye them black or something.

Love these

This is kind of what I'm thinking. But if they can be easily dyed the colour I want they are perfect.

Do not get them and dye them; they are perfect as-is and will be right for someone else (like me if they were us10). Buy the boots you want.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah it's just the waaaaaiting is the hardest part for the boots I want. I am thinking I might buy these and then wait for black to come up.

11. bare bodkin

bare bodkin Senior member

12. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

just get them professionally dyed, those are really nice.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes, color is much better irl

[​IMG]

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

yes, color is much better irl

agreed, don't get these for dyeing

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Do not destroy those beautiful boots.